Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Wanting to go to college in Japan 2009/9/1 05:57
Hi I live in the United States Im really wanting to go to college in Japan but I don't know any and Japanese. I have been looking at different language institutes in Japan but I don't know what I should be looking for. If the institutes will let me pay the tuition and other costs in payments. Because I would get a part time job. How to get to Japan. I've been looking a different sites like jasso and studyjapan but I still don't know. I would really like help please. I'm haven't given up trying to go to college in Japan yet but i'm becoming stressed. I'm sure it would probably be easier if i new a family or someone in Japan but I don't sadly.
by hanfire  

... 2009/9/1 08:53
You need to have saved up some money before coming to Japan - yes, schools/colleges ask you to pay in the tuition in advance, and also you need to be able to show that you have enough funds to support yourself during your studies in Japan without working.

If you don't know any Japanese now, you will have to start with attending a language school before being able to be admitted to a Japanese college/university, so please have a look around at language schools - one year, one and a half years, or two year courses are provided at language schools to prepare students to enrol in a Japanese college/university.
by AK rate this post as useful

... 2009/9/1 20:40
I am looking at Japanese language schools I just need help looking for 1, The admissions procedure and money questions.
by hanfire rate this post as useful

sss 2009/9/1 21:13
You can take a look at Ritsumeikan Asia Pacific University in Beppu. In studied there a couple of years ago and you don't need to speak Japanese in order to study there because half the lectures are in English. You are then supposed to study Japanse 4 days a week at the University and after 2 years you can join the Japanese lectures.
But as always when studying abroad: Bring money
by sprutnik rate this post as useful

.. 2009/9/1 21:16
About how much money would i need.

Cost 2009/9/1 21:38
I don't know how the educational system works in US. so it's hard to say how much it's gonna cost you.
But you can take look at these number:
http://www.apu.edu/admissions/undergraduate/tuition/
by sprutnik rate this post as useful

.. 2009/9/1 22:12
ok I really need someone who can help me ,answer my questions

... 2009/9/1 22:33
You need to do more research on your own :)
Just as reference, one school that is mentioned on this forum in the past is called "Yamasa Institute." Here is their tuition information to give you an idea:
http://www.yamasa.org/acjs/english/programs/tuition.htm...

by AK rate this post as useful

reply to this thread