Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Tokyo or Hokkaido? 2009/9/2 11:58
Okay, well, I am planning on being a doctor and am researching to attend a Medical university in either Tokyo or Hokkaido.

Well, what I'm trying to decide is.. The pros and cons of Tokyo. And the pros and cons of Hokkaido.

Please take time to answer this, for I am really at a blank. Haha
by Leena000  

not worth it 2009/9/2 17:13
if you're really at a blank you must not have researched anything at all about tokyo or hokkaido. tokyo is the biggest city on earth. hokkaido is one of the least sparsely populated areas of japan.

and as to becoming a doctor in japan, well good luck with that but i think you need to get your head out of the clouds. you need to be able to read more kanji than most japanese people can in order to become a doctor here. and even if you do med school somewhere else and come here to practice you have to write the medical exam in japanese to get your license to practice.
by winterwolf (guest) rate this post as useful

*sigh* 2009/9/3 03:43
I didn't literatly mean I was at a blank. It's a figure of speech. I HAVE researched, and frankly, I am fasinated with both Tokyo AND Hokkaido. I've researched many things about both of them, but can't decide 'where' to go to school. And I realize, that I'll have to know a lot more Kanji for medical issiues. Frankly, I didn't ask a question about 'And what about medical school'
by Leena000 rate this post as useful

more info needed 2009/9/3 10:02
Well, perhaps if you would take the time to say what appeals to you about both areas (Hokkaido is a huge area by the way, where in Hokkaido? That would make a big difference), people could give you more helpful information.

As it is, all we can say is: Tokyo, crowded but interesting. Hokkaido, very cold and much less crowded. You probably knew that already though, so how can we help you decide?

I like Tokyo, but many people loathe it, so opinions vary widely. What are you hoping to find in a place to live?
Why are you at a blank?
by Sira (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread