Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

After COE, steps for visa 2009/9/3 17:52
I arrived in Japan and started applying for my spouse visa in Jul. Just received my COE. What do I have to do next to obtain my visa? Anyone who can advise on how long further this takes? Do I have to leave Japan to do this?
by confused (guest)  

... 2009/9/3 19:15
I arrived in Japan and strted applying for my spouse visa in Jul.

A visa is a document to enter Japan. If you are already in Japan, then you don't need to apply for a "visa" but for a "change of status of residence". Ask the immigration bureau whether that is possible. If not, you have to leave Japan and apply for a spouse visa at an embassy or consulate outside of Japan.

In either case, that process usually takes only a few days to two weeks if you already have your COE.
by Uji rate this post as useful

After COE, steps for visa 2009/9/3 19:57
Thank you! So I should go to immigration to ask if possible to change my current visitor status to residence as a spouse?
by confused (guest) rate this post as useful

... 2009/9/4 08:16
Yes
by Uji rate this post as useful

already been to Immigration? 2009/9/4 09:00
You went to the Immigration office in July in order to start the process, is that right? It is Immigration that is in charge of the entire visa process if you are in Japan, so go and see them- they are the experts.
by Sira (guest) rate this post as useful

Thanks a lot! 2009/9/4 09:05
Thanks for the advises. Will go to immigration to check out with them.
by confused (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread