Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Studying in Japan 2009/9/4 02:27
Hello everyone, i know this might have been talked about already but i haven got the information i need yet.

I was wondering that if i were to study in Japan first for the language and after that i will try to go to university, does it make any difference if i go to a japanese language school or a university school that teach japan language?

The second question i would like to ask is that after finishing japanese language course, do i just need to take the JLPT to get into a university or is there other test/subjects i have to clear before i can go into a university? If there is, does anyone have a copy or a mock paper of it?

Really appreciate the help, thanks.
by kodafriends  

... 2009/9/7 08:16
does it make any difference if i go to a japanese language school or a university school that teach japan language?

I think most overseas student attend a specialized Japanese language school to prepare themselves for university studies. I don't know if there is any "university" that teaches the language itself - most courses in regular Japanese universities are simply taught in Japanese, so you will need to be quite fluent in Japanese BEFORE you enter university.

do i just need to take the JLPT to get into a university or is there other test/subjects i have to clear before i can go into a university?

I believe that now many universities use this exam called EJU. Please check on this site for more info (English and other languages available from this page):
http://www.jasso.go.jp/eju/index.html
by AK rate this post as useful

entrance exams 2009/9/7 08:17
Unless you come here on an exchange program, you will need to pass the entrance exam for the university to get in. Each university has its own entrance exam, there is not one universal one. Past exams are often available from bookstores for famous universities (in Japanese of course).
by Sira (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread