Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Shipping Bacadi to Europe 2009/9/4 23:26
I want to send a present of a large bottle of Bacadi to France. Any hints on the customs situation? Is it allowed unacompanied?
by Dave (guest)  

... 2009/9/5 14:26
Japan Post seems to allow sending such bottles, but for customs you need to search from the French side - wouldn't it make more sense to find a shop in France that sells via webshop and order rom there?
by AK rate this post as useful

why 2009/9/5 15:11
do you mean Bacardi Rum ?? if so why would you want to send that as a gift from Japan ?? it's sure not a Japanese product. I agree with AK.
by wds (guest) rate this post as useful

Rum 2009/9/5 15:56
Well, um, yes I know Bacardi is not Japanese...duh...

Surely you'd be bored to know my reasons, but in fact after looking around the Internet it seems pretty hard to buy/ship liquor internationally. Easier to just drop in to the local store and box it up and away.

Thanks
by Dave (guest) rate this post as useful

... 2009/9/5 18:42
Dave,

Um, what I meant was that if you want to send that gift to someone in France, it might be better to find a website run by a French company (= located in France), so that the shipping (from the shop to the recipient) would be domestic.

I have some relatives in continental Europe, and yes I have done that :) The only difficulty there I had was finding a European webstore that accepted Japan-issued credit card, though. But I have done it before and it worked...
by AK rate this post as useful

ok 2009/9/6 08:43
Thanks AK. I will try again on buying online, and hopefully cand find something, but as you say they are hurdles that might make picking one up locally much less of a headache.
by Dave (guest) rate this post as useful

Bacardi 2009/9/6 14:44
I am pretty sure that Bacardi is sold in France!

Are you aware that France is also a producer of rhum? not in Metropolitan France but in the overseas region of Martinique (West Indies). Martinique is not a colony but part and parcel of the French nation, just like Hawaii is part of the USA.. The inhabitants of Martinique are French citizens and therefore also EU citizens.
have a look at http://www.francetoday.com/articles/2009/02/10/martinique-rum.html
by Red frog (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread