Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Ged question 2009/9/7 06:09
Does Japan offer adult ged coarses for people who wish to come to japan and get there ged there instead ?

also are there any degrees one can apply for in Japan that does not require a ged ?
by james (guest)  

GED 2009/9/7 16:18
you can take your GED tests at a prometric center or you may be able to arrange for one of the english speaking universities here to proctor the exams for you. prometric charges around 400$ USD total for all the tests. pretty expensive.

GED's here are basically recognized as having a diploma but some of the american universities will not accept a GED outright, they require college level credits with a good GPA in addition to the GED.

normal japanese universities don't care but you'll need to take SAT's for some of them. if you enter as a Japanese student would by taking the Japanese exams, they don't care about your GED scores. But this does require high Japanese ability.
by winterwolf (guest) rate this post as useful

re not exactly what I meant 2009/9/8 02:01
Test is not what I was refereing to I mean
taking ged coarses over a long period of time?
by James (guest) rate this post as useful

. 2009/9/8 02:20
GED is US/Canada.

Though Japan does offer a high school equivalency examination (mainly in Japanese), so unless you already speak, read, and write Japanese at a high level, plus know Japanese history good luck.

Notwithstanding, I have never heard of immigration issuing or schools sponsoring student visas for foreigners to come to Japan to get a General Education / high school equivalency.

As for universities etc, the vast majority of schools out there (well all of them to my knowledge) require high school or high school equivalency.

It is probably a lot easier to get a GED/High School Equivalency in your home country then apply into a study program in Japan.
by ExpressTrain (guest) rate this post as useful

education 2009/9/8 04:55
you are asking about a COURSE, or several courses, by the way!!!

coarse has a very different meaning! it means unrefined, rough etc. both in a literal meaning--a coarse fabric-- and in a figurative one--a coarse person.
by Monkey see (guest) rate this post as useful

no 2009/9/8 13:42
you can take GED courses online from anywhere in the world.

as far as i know there are no places in japan where you can go to an actual classroom and study GED material.

you'd be better off finishing your diploma while still in your home country, a diploma is better than the GED and may be even easier to finish - the GED test is not all that easy, especially the math test.
by winterwolf (guest) rate this post as useful

re 2009/9/8 22:05
Thank you for your input, also I meant courses just a typo.

I am simply trying to find a way to move to japan with out a high school diploma
since going to school is a excepted way I thought I could use that to my advantage
apparently I was mistaken.

by james (guest) rate this post as useful

. 2009/9/8 22:09
Are you American? Get your GED at home and then join the military. It might be your only realistic way to move to Japan.
by . (guest) rate this post as useful

Military 2009/9/9 01:49
As mentioned, joining the military would be your best and most likely, only possibility of moving to Japan (without considering the "get married to a random Japanese chick and coming to Japan with her" plan)
by Ralph (guest) rate this post as useful

re 2009/9/9 04:05
I may have to end up getting my ged at home
buy iam not joining no army just to move to japan!

re 2009/9/9 04:52
Besides that I do not see to how
getting married is going to help me
seeing as I do not have a ged
from what i understand its still a three year waiting perod which means she would have to support me seeing as to how i would not qualfy to work.

reply to this thread