Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

How much money do I need to move to Japan? 2009/9/8 10:01
I will eventually be moving to Japan, and I want to know how much money I should have with me to move to Japan?

I realize I need a visa and a job. I have done SOOOO much research, you have no idea!! So please don't tell me what I need to do in order to move there.

All I want to know is what financial aspects I should consider when moving to Japan.

Thanks.
by Ziczak  

. 2009/9/8 11:48
This question has been asked and answered many, many, many times in this forum. Try using the search box near the top of the page.
by .... (guest) rate this post as useful

can't answer without more info 2009/9/8 12:21
That depends on so many factors that we can't possibly tell you with any accuracy right now. Would you have a job already, or be going over to search for one? Would your new job give cash advances to new employees to help them with set-up costs? Would your accommodation be provided or subsidised by the company or would you have to find/pay for it yourself? Would you be living in a guest house, or an apartment where you needed to pay key money/deposit etc? Furnished or unfurnished? Urban or rural? Would you need a car? Would your new job pay you early or late in the month?

Just too many issues for anyone to answer you properly, I'm sorry. The best advice for the moment is, start saving now and bring over as much as you possibly can.
by Sira (guest) rate this post as useful

As mentioned... 2009/9/8 14:29
As mentioned by Sira, your question is sooooooo broad, it really can't be answered. More specifics please (such as the ones Sira mentioned).
by Bean (guest) rate this post as useful

30,000 USD 2009/9/8 17:59
I came to Japan and 30,000 USD (3.000.000 yen) was enough to live for a modest YEAR (sharing apartment; going everyday to Japanese lang.school; gym membership).
by doforyou rate this post as useful

reply to this thread