Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Sending and Receving Money In Japan 2009/9/8 23:47
Hi, I'm going to be moving to Sasebo, Nagasaki, Japan in 2 months.

I am wondering an easy way to send and receive money without a credit card or western union (which tends to be expensive.)

I was thinking of using money orders, but not sure, Sasebo doesn't have really much things close to it like banks, got to drive an hour or two.

What's the best way to go about this? If I do the money order, how exactly can I send the money and receive it there? Thanks very much.
by Helgen (guest)  

sasebo 2009/9/9 10:45
Sasebo doesn't have really much things close to it like banks, got to drive an hour or two.

I'm sure they have post offices, which double as Postal Banks. There you can buy international postal money orders which are a cheap (albeit labor intensive) method of sending money home. This requires someone back home to receive and process the money orders.

However, I find http://www.golloyds.com to have reasonable rates and much more convenient if you will be making regular transfers.

What's the best way to go about this? If I do the money order, how exactly can I send the money and receive it there?

Search through the forums. There's a few threads covering this topic.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

????? 2009/9/9 12:25
Sasabo is a city of over 250,000 people, of course they have banks and post offices, as well as a US Navy base.
by wds (guest) rate this post as useful

base 2009/9/9 12:51
If you have access to the base can't you use their bank and post office as well. That would open up a whole other world of possibilities.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

reply to this thread