Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Any fresh graduate looking for a job? 2009/9/23 01:43
Hi there,
Im graduating next spring as 2011 fresh graduate, preparing for job hunting these days while all recruiting venues and online applications are about to start shortly next month. However, most of the websites such as en japan and recruit favour local graduates, I really need some good website that favour foreign graduates. Anyone have the experience of job hunting in japan? I know there are lots of teaching posts but..personally, I prefer companies...

Please show me the way...

brgds
by gayan (guest)  

Graduate 2009/9/23 11:08
Questions:
1) Graduate from what country?
2) What is your visa status?
3) What is your long-term prospects of staying and living in Japan?
4) What kind of companies are you looking for?
5) What is your Japanese ability?
by Psycho Mike (guest) rate this post as useful

re 2009/9/23 12:09
Hey! Thank you for your questions.
Here are my answers
1) Graduate from what country?
Sri Lanka
2) What is your visa status?
Student visa valid
3) What is your long-term prospects of staying and living in Japan?
Find jobs that relate to shipping and logistics industry or airport works, and follow the paths to build up my career through it.
4) What kind of companies are you looking for?
refer to 3
5) What is your Japanese ability?
Fluent in speaking and listening, business level in reading and writing.
by maxgayan (guest) rate this post as useful

Get hired in your country 2009/9/23 12:10
Congratulation!

But, graduating from a college means nothing to the HR recruiter, especially a foreigner - every year thousand graduate with a degree in Japan - so does in your country.

Question you should answer before approaching any Japan company are: Do I have the right credentials - Is the college I attended considered as "top" university in my country?? And if your answer are "yes" then, apply with a Japan company in your country.

by EichoKago rate this post as useful

. 2009/9/23 15:03
Japan is facing record levels of unemployment due to the world recession, even though japan "officially" recovered, record levels of unemployment still exist.

Companies have had to turn down job offers originally promised to college graduates in Japan.

If you are graduating in Sri Lanka,how do you have a valid Japanese Student Visa? Just curious on that matter.

Any case, in these though times its even hard for Japanese people to find work, even forforeigners living in Japan at the moment, I can imagine how hard it must be for someone coming into Japan finding a job.
by ExpressTrain (guest) rate this post as useful

Speciality profession 2009/9/23 15:24
Would you agree with me that specialized profession requires knowledge or experience in that field?

In you response to another reader I did not read that you have maritimes or aeronautical trainings or college degree to those.

Thus, it seem to me you are simply looking for a good paying job in Japan? I admire your vision, but your thinking may not be realistic.

However, if you can enlist in the Navy or Air Force of your country and get the required trainings, skills, and knowlege in a specific profession your chance being hired definitely will increase. Otherwise your chance is limited since HR recruitor from Japan or anyother country are lookinf for well educated and qualified workers - unless you will be content working as a lower or mid level clerk.

by EichoKago rate this post as useful

what about SriLankan Airlines? 2009/9/23 15:36
as you mentioned airport work is a choice,
then what about applying for some position at
SriLankan Airlines?

http://www.srilankan.aero/index.shtml
by passerby (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread