Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Paragraph translation 2009/9/23 10:38
I'm trying to help out with a fan-made Left4Dead (zombie survival-horror game) campaign, which takes place in Tokyo and the surrounding areas. Ultimately, the players are going to be fighting their way towards the Maya Kanko hotel, where the finale will be. Unfortunately, my Japanese is mostly conversational, and sounds nothing like the professional language used in broadcasts, especially of this serious nature.

This is what I have come up with for a basic English script, and was wondering if someone could translate it into Japanese for me:

"As of 6:30, a special state of emergency has been declared. The rapid spread of infectious disease in Tokyo has necessitated the use of extreme force to prevent further infection of the surrounding regions. In approximately 24 hours, the national defense force will begin widespread bombing operations to neutralize the contamination threat. Any remaining survivors in the Kanto region must evacuate to designated disaster relief and rescue centers in the Hyogo prefecture of Kansai immediately."

The only thing even close to this I've ever heard was in Evangelion, but I can't make out what the announcer is saying, and all attempts to find Japanese scripts have been a bust.

Can anyone help?

This is all non-profit, just-for-fun sorta stuff, so, I can't afford much, but I'd be more than happy to pay someone a reasonable sum (via Paypal) for their troubles.
by MagicCakeLady  

Hopely you can 2009/9/23 14:23
"6:30として、緊急事態が宣言されている特殊な状態です。伝染病の東京で極端な力を使用して周辺地域の一層の感染を防ぐために必要として急速に普及し、約24時間では、国家の防衛力が広範なテロ活動を開始汚染の脅威を中和する。関東地域内の任意の残りの生存者の指定された災害救援や救助センターには、関西の兵庫県に直ちに避難する必要があります。"

"As of 6:30, a special state of emergency has been declared. The rapid spread of infectious disease in Tokyo has necessitated the use of extreme force to prevent further infection of the surrounding regions. In approximately 24 hours, the national defense force will begin widespread bombing operations to neutralize the contamination threat. Any remaining survivors in the Kanto region must evacuate to designated disaster relief and rescue centers in the Hyogo prefecture of Kansai immediately."

" 6 : 30 toshite, kinkyuu jitai ga sengen sa re te iru tokushu na joutai desu. densen byou no toukyou de kyokutan na chikara o shiyou shi te shuuhen chiiki no issou no kansen o fusegu tame ni hitsuyou toshite kyuusoku ni fukyuu shi, yaku 24 jikan de ha, kokka no bouei ryoku ga kouhan na tero katsudou o kaishi osen no kyoui o chuuwa suru. kantou chiiki nai no nini no nokori no seizon sha no shitei sa re ta saigai kyuuen ya kyuujo sentaa ni ha, kansai no hyougo ken ni tadachini hinan suru hitsuyou ga ari masu. "
by EichoKago rate this post as useful

translation 2009/9/24 16:22
The translation posted above was out of doubt made by the help of a computer interpreter.

I did a couple of minor revisions to your scenario to make it sound more appropriate in Japanese.

「本日午前6時30分、緊急事態宣言が発令されました。東京都内での感染症の急速な拡がりを受け、政府は周辺地域への感染拡大防止のため、非常措置を取ることを決定しました。感染を制圧するため、24時間後に自衛隊による当該地域への広域爆撃が開始されます。関東地域の生存者は、全員ただちに兵庫県内の各災害救援センターに避難してください。」

「ほんじつ ごぜん6じ30ぷん、きんきゅうじたい せんげんが はつれい されました。とうきょうとないでの かんせんしょうの きゅうそくな ひろがりをうけ、せいふは しゅうへんちいきへの かんせんかくだい ぼうしのため、ひじょうそちを とることを けっていしました。かんせんを せいあつするため、24じかんごに じえいたいによる とうがいちいきへの こういきばくげきが かいしされます。かんとうちいきの せいぞんしゃは、ぜんいん ただちに ひょうごけんないの かくさいがいきゅうえんセンターに ひなんしてください。」
by mm (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread