Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

trip from Gotemba to Gora 2009/10/7 05:08
Dear all,

My trip will start from KAWAGUCHIKO To Odawara stastion to Kyoto.

Plz help me to check my plan:

Kawaguchiko (Fujikyo Bus) to Gotemba--Sengoku--Gora ( From Gotemba to Gora..I have no idea for the bus time table cannot find any thing)--Hakone Yumota--Odawara

One very big problem for me is the bags. I know that it is impossible to take the bags all way long to Odawara or Hakone Yumoto. But which station should I keep the bags in station locker? GORA? HAKONE YOMOTA?

plz help.

Regards
by patty (guest)  

luggage forwarding 2009/10/7 12:03
You could ask the hotel at KAWAGUCHIKO to forward your heavy bags to your Kyoto hotel.
by kum (guest) rate this post as useful

. 2009/10/7 13:40
Seeing that you are ending the leg at Odawara/Hakone Yumoto, I'm not understanding how you are going to put your luggage there at the beginning?

Ok I think this is how i would do it (if not sending luggages directly to kyoto via takkyubin)...
Warning though it's a little long....

From Kawaguchiko take the bus to Gotenba.
Leave luggages at Gotenba Stn locker.
There are lockers there though i don't know the exact sizes. I know for sure there are large lockers in Gotenba premium outlets that are nearby.

From Gotenba start your sightseeing of Hakone.
Something like this ..
Gotenba to Sengoku via bus
Sengoku to Gora via bus
Gora to Sounzan via cablecar
Sounzan to Togendai via Ropeway
Togendai to Gotenba via bus

Then from Togendai head back to Gotenba to pick up luggage.

From Gotenba take the JR Gotenba line to Numazu.
Change to JR Tokaido Line to Mishima.
Take the Shinkansen from Mishima to Kyoto Stn..
by Amelia (guest) rate this post as useful

. 2009/10/7 13:43
Ok i did find information that there are large lockers at JR Gotemba stn, but doesn't seem like many though

http://kansenzyuku.if.tv/fuji/map/mapdisp.cgi?no=148

Map of station (key over bag icon is the locker)
http://railway.jr-central.co.jp/station-guide/shizuoka/gotemba/map.htm...

. 2009/10/7 14:15
In case you just travel to Kyoto from Kawaguchiko, you might be headed via Mishima, not Odawara. Take the bus to Mishima from Kawaguchiko, then transfer to the Shinkansen to Kyoto.
Connections are listed in the link below.
http://gutereise09.blogspot.com/2008/07/kawaguchiko-gotemba-mishima-ha...
The schedules are up-to-date.
by k (guest) rate this post as useful

JR pass include? 2009/10/7 21:55
Thank you for your question.

on the day that I have to go to Kyoto. My JR PASS still valid. Is it cover from Gotemba take the JR Gotenba line to Numazu.

Moreover, all timetable are in Japanese BUT I CANNOT READ IT. I want to check the time from Gotemba to Numazu and Mishima to catch Shinkansen to Kyoto. Which web site that show the details in English. And is the changing time btw platform enough eg, from Numazu to Mishima or Mishima to shinkansen platform.

Thanks you very much for your help.

regards,

Patty
by patty (guest) rate this post as useful

Hyperdia 2009/10/7 22:28
Here is a link to the Hyperdia website:

http://www.hyperdia.com/cgi-english/hyperWeb.cgi

Just enter a random time, say 8:00, to show the different options. Once there, look under the heading "Timetable" for the book and clock icon. Click on it and it will bring up a timetable for all available trains for that day.

Good luck!
by geogeek1 rate this post as useful

. 2009/10/8 11:45
on the day that I have to go to Kyoto. My JR PASS still valid. Is it cover from Gotemba take the JR Gotenba line to Numazu.

Yes it is covered.

And is the changing time btw platform enough eg, from Numazu to Mishima or Mishima to shinkansen platform.

If you input into hyperdia starting station as Gotemba and destination station as Mishima , it'll give you the transfer and connection time you need to catch the next train.

As the previous poster stated, you can check the timetables by click on the icon with a clock or clock on a book.

reply to this thread