Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Japanese Universities 2009/10/11 12:28
I am a High School Student, and have studied Japanese for 2 years now. I think I can speak almost fluently, but I still struggle a bit with kanji.
I was wondering how I could apply for a University in Japan.
In know the Students have to take some exams for each University, but do they also take the High School results in consideration, or I could just apply normally without having graduated from a Japanese High School?

Sorry, I really don`t understand this system, but I`m seriously considering studying in Japan when I finish High School next year...

Thanks in advance.
by T@t`s (guest)  

Same 2009/10/20 03:10
I'm also very interested in studying at a Japanese university after I graduate. Unfortunately I am also confused how what and when and so on. I'm quite interested in sciences and everything technology related.

I'm planning on asking my schools guidance councelor for help and perhaps visit Japan's embassy for more information regarding this.

I still have a lot of time until I graduate but like said early bird catches the worm =)
by Mazi W (guest) rate this post as useful

Forgot to add 2009/10/20 03:12
I think another problem is how to get the necessary funding for studying abroad. I've heard of some govt. sponsored programs but I don't know that much about them
by Mazi W (guest) rate this post as useful

To the OP 2009/10/20 04:09
To the first poster,

What is your definition of fluent? I find it almost impossible that one would be "fluent" in two years. Also, if you're not good with Kanji, you're going to be completely lost and screwed in university.

An interesting past thread about "fluency" in a short period of time.
http://www.japan-guide.com/forum/quereadisplay.html?0+67368

Do you intend on going to a Japanese university for your entire undergraduate experience or as an exchange student? I think you would be at a HUGE disadvantage if you decide to go attend university with a language you just started learning... I would go talk to a Japanese professor at your local college or university (even a Teacher's Aid would suffice) and ask their opinion on this matter.
by Ralph (guest) rate this post as useful

What Ralph said. 2009/10/20 04:45
Agreeing with Ralph here O.P. If you can't read a university level textbook written in Japanese then you are not ready for a Japanese University.
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread