Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

how can i registered my son? 2009/10/23 11:28
i am a filipina married to a japanese man here in philippines and we have 1 kid a boy and he his 7 yrs old now i dont have any koseki from my husband and he abundone us for almost 2 yrs. no financial support from him and contact at all.how can i know if we are registered in his kosekitohon and how is my son situation if he is possible to get visa to japan and also me?pls reply soon and onegaishimasu help us.
by moniquemasa  

get contact to your lawyer 2009/10/23 17:41
Did you get marry him only in Philippines, or both Philippines and Japan?

If you got marry him only in Philippines, your marriage is not effective in Japan.

You are not his wife and your kids are not his children in Japan at the moment.

It is still possible to take legal action to him for recognizing your kids.

Even he recognizes your kids as his kids, it is still far a way to take Japanese Nationality.

Anyway, get contact to your lawyer as soon as possible.
by sister cat (guest) rate this post as useful

Only Your Son Can Force His Father 2009/10/24 01:12
If he abandon you and your son 2 years ago and he is not sending you money, he does not want his son.

And you can't force him to recognize your son as his son at this time. Only your son can, when he is old enough and have enough money to go to Japan and file a civil lawsuit against his father.

Your son will need, (1) Proof of marriage for father & mother, (2) Birth certificate naming Japanese man as his father, (3) Company his father worked for, (4) His father immigration record showing his father was in Philippine,

and (5) your son will have to find where his father live and (6) ask his father to register him in Kosekitohon, and (7) if his father refuse, your son can file a civil lawsuit with the Japan Family Court. And (8) ask the Family Court to have the DNA testing.

by stanfordgal rate this post as useful

reply to this thread