Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Restaurants in Shirakawago & Takayama 2009/12/20 22:25
Does anyone know any restaurants which serve good local food in Shirakawago and Takayama? Thanks!
by Berry (guest)  

Takayama 2009/12/24 17:30
In Takayama there is a good Hida beef restaurant that I know of, not sure of the name though, where you cook the beef at your table. Its on the main street that runs from Takayama station towards the old town past Hida Kokubanji temple, on a corner on the left hand side if you are walking away from the station towards the river and it has a big statue of a cow outside it.
by AusEz rate this post as useful

Takayama 2009/12/28 21:26
My family was in Takayama in early Dec and we originally wanted to try the Hida beef restaurant which AusEz mentioned - the one which has a cow statue at the entrance. But subsequently found another restaurant which also served Hida beef to be cooked at the dining table with buffet styled vegetables, drinks and dessert. The price of the Hida beef is much cheaper and tasted so good. Worth a try but I cannot remember the name of the restaurant. It received many compliments for the quality of the beef from tourists all over the world which was proudly shown by the boss. The location of the restaurant is further away from the Takayama JR station but is still walkable. It is in the midst of the row of houses / minshuku. I guess most restaurants which served Hida beef are all as good.
by Tourist (guest) rate this post as useful

... 2009/12/29 01:01
This may be the restaurant:

ビストロ・ミュー Bistro Mieux
日本〒506-0007
岐阜県高山市総和町1丁目55
0577-36-0149‎
by geogeek1 rate this post as useful

Restaurants in Shirakawago & Takayama 2010/1/4 11:32
Thank you all for the restaurant info!
by Berry (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread