Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Moving to and Living in Japan 2009/12/22 11:35
Hey there everyone!

I am really hoping you all will be able to help us out. My hubby and I are going to Japan in less than 2 years for a month, and although we have never been before, we are utterly in love with the country and people already (sooo much studying!) We are currently learning the language and planning our trip.

We havent decided for definate (waiting to see if we really do love it over there) but I am wondering how hard it is to live there permantly? We are from Australia, are 23 and 25 years old, I am a qualified Trade Baker and he is an IT guy, although he has only Tafe certs.

Would we enounter problems with finding work? Would we be allowed to stay? We also would be happy with jobs outside our expertise!

I would love some feedback and advice, as I know no one who has been there before.

Thanks so much!!!
by Freyalilith  

. 2009/12/22 12:22
I would suggest going through the dozens of other japan-guide posts like this.

Pretty much, you need an employer willing to hire and sponsor you, you also need to meet immigration requirements for a work visa, which USUALLY requires you to process a bachelors degree, or about 10 or so years experience in a particular field.

Austrailians can also get working holiday visas, however these are not "long term" visas. I believe for Austrailians it is 6months initially up to 1 year. After which you'll need a full fledge work visa.
by ExpressTrain (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread