Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Page 1 of 2: Posts 1 - 20 of 29

1 2
next

japan post international help 2010/2/14 12:17
Hi, my problem is i'm from the U.K and i got a parcel coming from Tokyo, it was sent on the 05/02/10 but not come, i have try the tracking number but last info on it has not change for days, so i'm trying to find the japan post email or phone number that i can ring from here in the U.K so it would need to be the international number, so can someone please help. please remember i need the person i'm sending the email or speaking with to beable to understand english. Thanks
by peter (guest)  

... 2010/2/14 20:37
peter,

It's been less than ten days, so I would give it a few more days actually. If the status given for that tracking number has not changed for the past few days (I don't know what kind of parcel type it was), it might simply mean that it has arrived in the UK and clearing customs or going through the local UK process.
by AK rate this post as useful

wait a bit 2010/2/14 21:20
I agree with AK. With an international parcel, wait at least 3 weeks before you start worrying. With parcels coming in to Japan by air mail I have had some arrive within a week and others take more than 3. Anyone at JP you spoke to now would be likely just to tell you to wait another 10 days.
by Sira (guest) rate this post as useful

UK parcels 2010/2/14 22:14
UK-Japan-UK service is usually very efficient. Around 5-10 days tops, IF posted by suitable air mail service.

It really depends exactly what service was used, but you don't give that info.

Is it FULLY trackable (i.e. EMS), because some 'tracking' services are tracking in name only and don't provide 'in process' monitoring?

If the last point of tracking was within the UK, obviously it's with Customs. If outside the UK, depending on the service, give it a bit longer.

If it's via Somalia, give it a lot longer...:-)
by Pat (guest) rate this post as useful

more info 2010/2/15 01:01
Yeah it was sent by (EMSjthe last info on it was on the 06/02/10 at 14.16 Dispatch from outward office of exchange at TOKYO INTERNATIONAL Branch
by peter (naz) (guest) rate this post as useful

. 2010/2/15 09:52
Yeah it was sent by (EMSjthe last info on it was on the 06/02/10 at 14.16 Dispatch from outward office of exchange at TOKYO INTERNATIONAL Branch

Once the parcel was sent out from Japan, data will not be updated until Japan Post received information from Parcelforce (I believe it is handling EMS in UK).

How about contacting Parcelforce and inquire about the EMS arriving from Japan, with the EMS ref. no. they should be able to tell you where it is now (maybe at customs?)
by . (guest) rate this post as useful

Not to worry 2010/2/15 10:55
Parcelforce (ParcelfArce)? Well, there's your problem.

Just about the worst shipping company going. One of their Terms and Conditions actually states that (and this is on shipping cost of 60 GBP for a small package) that if the parcel doesn't arrive or is delayed for any time, they accept no responsibility...!

But I don't want to worry you, and if it's EMS you'll be fine, just will be a bit slower than you might expect. I'd give it 10 days, but you should be seeing some movement on the tracking soon. Maybe 3 days as it moves Japan-UK without info is fairly usual, then it pops up.
by Tom (guest) rate this post as useful

more info 2010/2/15 23:27
It royal mail that are handling it in the UK as i rang them the other day and they confirm it will be them that do the delivery but they had no info on the tracking number i gave here and still no change on JP site ?
by peter (guest) rate this post as useful

Try this 2010/2/16 07:28
This is Japan-side EMS tracking. Put your tracking number in box 1 and see what comes out.

I'd be getting worried by now. EMS doesn't take this long usually.

http://tracking.post.japanpost.jp/service/numberSearch.do?SVID=020&JSE...
by Steve (guest) rate this post as useful

more info 2010/2/16 09:02
I try the tracking number on the JP site and not change since the 06/02 when said this ' 06/02/10 at 14.16 Dispatch from outward office of exchange at TOKYO INTERNATIONAL Branch' it there any email i can contact JP with ?

. 2010/2/16 10:22
Make inquiry here:

http://www.post.japanpost.jp/int/question/tel_en.html
But these numbers (those begin with 0120 or 0570) are valid only for domestic calls, They cannot receive international calls.
Ask someone who is in Japan to make a call on your behalf.
If the person speaks Japanese: 0120-593155
or 0570-046-666 (to call from mobile phone).
If the person speaks English, 0570-046111.
by . (guest) rate this post as useful

more info 2010/2/16 10:31
Yeah u seen that page,is there no email to contact them as i don't know anyone in japan that can ring them on my behalf, that why i came on here to see if anyone from japan could help me on it ?

... 2010/2/16 10:51
peter,
As stated earlier, once the parcel leaves Japan, Japan Post cannot update any information on the site until/unless they hear from their UK counterpart. I don't know what the parcel contained, but probably it is in UK customs. You might want to inquire with the Royal Mail (or whoever in the UK handles it).

more info 2010/2/16 11:24
I try royal mail and they confirm it not on the system so not in the U.K yet, that why i being asking about the japan side. If the delay is down to customs how would i find that out ?

more info 2010/2/16 11:26
forgot to ask does this mean it left japan ? 'Dispatch from outward office of exchange at TOKYO INTERNATIONAL Branch'

japan post 2010/2/16 11:43
forgot to ask does this mean it left japan ? 'Dispatch from outward office of exchange at TOKYO INTERNATIONAL Branch'

Yes, that means that it has left Japan and is in transit to you. However 10 days for an EMS package is longer than it should take, which I suspect points towards a holdup in customs. Unfortunately, once the package has left Japan there is nothing more that Japan Post can tell you about the transit as it has been handed off to your domestic carrier. Its out of their hands now, and you'll know that its arrived before they do.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

doesn't look good 2010/2/17 03:27
I spoken with royal mail, parcel force and U.K customs, i even got a email reply from JP who said it left japan on the 06/02/10. U.K customs said once it come into the U.K the Postal company that are doing the delivery put on there system and only then does the customs look at it, they confirm it never being on the system. Royal mail, parcel force also confirm it not on there system, so i think it can only be at japan customs ?

... 2010/2/17 07:42
Japan customs do not check "outgoing" parcel/mail. It left Japan, the record shows, correct?

It might be an unusual case of a lost parcel :( What does it contain, if you don't mind?

info 2010/2/17 07:59
No i don't mind you asking mate, it nothing major just a mobile phone that i bought on ebay from member who live in the U.K but has since move to japan. The reason i'm trying to track it down asap is because it a ebay sale and i need to know if i need to take this up with ebay/paypal, but i have a funny feeling that seller has already use the funds to buy other items on ebay, if that is the case and the parcel doesn't come i lost my money :(

parcel 2010/2/17 08:04
Very occasionally parcels do get lost- I have had that happen a couple of times in the 12 years I've been in Japan. As AK said, Japan customs is unlikely to have stopped it. Give it another week or so before you give up on it though, it may turn up.
by Sira (guest) rate this post as useful

Page 1 of 2: Posts 1 - 20 of 29

1 2
next

reply to this thread