Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Eating at Hakone 2010/2/15 19:34
Hello, I plan to go Hakone for a day trip, will be getting the Hakone Free Pass and following the Hakone Round Course. My question is, are there many affordable places to eat at Hakone? If I'm following the Hakone Round Course, where can I find places to eat?

Thanks! :)
by kat (guest)  

... 2010/2/16 04:04
Yes, there are quite a few cheap tourist restaurants (and food stands on busy days) along the way, especially around Moto-Hakone, Hakone-machi and Hakone-Yumoto. To the opposite: Hakone does not offer a lot of fine dining outside its ryokan and hotels.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Owakudani, Hakonemachi, etc. 2010/2/16 10:08
The Hoakone restaurants are a little higher priced.
At Yumoto & Gora, you can walk around the station. At other places on the loop Owakudani ropeway station has a restaurant on top with the view of Mt. Fuji.
Togendai port has only snacks unless you walk down a little to Kojiri. Hakonemachi port house has a fast food soba right after disembarking and a regular restaurant inside. Moto-Hakone-ko has a snack shop, i.e soft ice cream cone.
by amazinga (guest) rate this post as useful

Thanks! 2010/2/16 18:10
Thank you so much. Japan forum never fail to impress me! Everyone here is so knowledgeable. :)
by kat (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread