Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Phone 2010/2/24 06:51
Does anyone if I might be able to use LG Lollipop GD580 in Japan? Or Samsung Omnia Lite? Thank you!
by sgal (guest)  

phones 2010/2/24 11:45
Are your phones from Singapore? If so then both will be able to use Japan's 2100mhz 3g network either by internationally roaming, or with a rental sim (assuming that they are first unlocked).
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

... 2010/2/24 11:50
Yup, they're from singapore. Just to clarify, if I have international roaming, the phones do not need to be unlocked? The unlocking of the phones is only meant for the rental of simcard? Thanks!
by sgal (guest) rate this post as useful

phones 2010/2/24 13:12
Yup, they're from singapore. Just to clarify, if I have international roaming, the phones do not need to be unlocked? The unlocking of the phones is only meant for the rental of simcard? Thanks!

That is correct. Assuming you have a plan that allows international roaming and has a roaming partner in Japan then you should be able to use your phones as normal when travelling. Unlocking is only required to use rental sim cards.

You may want to contact your carrier to confirm that they are supported in Japan and to find out what their charges are.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

... 2010/2/24 17:04
OK, thank you very much!
by sgal (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread