Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

COE extension/re-application 2010/3/5 09:18
Hello guys,

I am planning to bring my wife to Japan on dependent visa.

I already received her COE issued on 1st March.

Its written in COE that " This certificate should be submitted to an
Immigration officer with an entry visa for landing permission at the
port of entry, and shall cease to be valid if application for landing
permission is not filed within 3 months of date of issue."

Hence, the expiry date of current COE is 31st May.

So that means i have to apply for visa and also she shall reach Japan before 31st May. However, now I wish to call her in June. So, is it possible that the immigration office can extend the date of expiry of COE or is there any other alternative like re-application of COE

Regards,
Gunjan
by Gunjan Doshi (guest)  

Better to bring before expiry 2010/3/5 13:48
Hi,

I would suggest you get her before COE expires, May end and June are not too far away.
However if you cant you can ask her to check with embassy in your country (I assume India), Some counslete like one in chennai directly issues dependent visa without COE, the one in delhi/mumbai is very fussy.
Also when you go to embassy take all documents like marriage certificate and copy of your ARC, your Tax return etc so that they can verify documents.

Another incidence that happened with someone i know, His COE got expired but the visa stamped on his passport was still valid (remember visa is also valid for three months and as you get visa stamped after you get COE the validity of visa is later than that of COE), He landed in Japan but was stopped at immigration since COE was expried, but since he was already in Japan the immigration gave his some bricbats but extended his COE at airport and let him enter, I wouldnt recomend this to you though.
by Kamal (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread