Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Sushi boat 2010/3/8 23:27
Please post if you know of any sushi boat restaurants in Tokyo, Osaka, or Kyoto (not just conveyor belt sushi, but the kind that goes around in small boats). I know there are some, but I'm having real trouble locating any names or specifics. Domo arigato gozaimasu.
by Travelusa (guest)  

. 2010/3/9 12:34
廻る寿し舟 Mawaru sushi fune

(Osaka hirano)
http://www.sushifune.jp/04shop/info-d/?p_act=detail&p_tmp=detail_a&p_k...
by . (guest) rate this post as useful

Wrong link 2010/3/12 11:02
Hi, I was talking about a sushi boat restaurant - the link posted is for some kind of ocean boat it seems.

Does anyone know where we can find a sushi boat restaurant with the boats going around (like the conveyor belt style, only small boats, not conveyor belt)
by Travelusa (guest) rate this post as useful

sushi boats 2010/3/12 11:34
Although I'm not discounting that they could exist in Japan, where have you heard of these restaurants?

I've never personally seen a boat sushi in Japan, and I thought that it was more of a North American phenomenon. Namely, Isobune in the SF Bay Area claims to have been the first to introduce this style in 1982 and they claim that they have a patent on the delivery method.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

sushi boat -yes 2010/3/13 05:15
My husband has seen an article about eleven months ago about sushi boat restaurants in Tokyo. I can't find the reference and would really, really appreciate any posting of any they know of in Tokyo, Osaka, Hakone, Fukuoka, Kyoto or Nara. Thanks so much.

They are just like the conveyor belt sushi that you do find in Japan, only with small boats.
by Travelusa (guest) rate this post as useful

boat sushi 2010/3/13 09:18
I tried some searching on Japanese google, and asking around with no luck so far. Do you know what the magazine was, or have any way to track down that article? It's probably your best lead. Also are you sure it was like conveyor belt sushi, rather than a boat shaped platter, because these are very commonly used by sushi restaurants to serve on, especially in photo shoots for magazines and advertisements. But then again, there's bound to be something like this in Japan, since Ninja Restaurants and Lockup Bars can be found among the 80,000 restaurants in Tokyo alone.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

reply to this thread