Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

interior design jobs in japan? 2010/3/17 01:30
im currently in college in first year at interior design...i dont know what to do...if i should transfer to graphic design or stay here...i wish to go to japan after i finish college and work...but i searched the internet and i didn't find any jobs in japan for interior design...can someone please advise me what to do?(it's no problem with the language i'm currently learning it)
by minamino (guest)  

You still have the visa problem, but... 2010/3/18 00:20
i searched the internet and i didn't find any jobs in japan for interior design...can someone please advise me what to do?(it's no problem with the language i'm currently learning it)

I'm not sure if I understand you correctly.
http://www.google.co.jp/search?q=%E3%82%A4%E3%83%B3%E3%83%86%E3%83%AA%...
by Uco (guest) rate this post as useful

... 2010/3/18 08:16
Generally speaking, interior design jobs is really a field where employers in Japan would particularly seek to employ non-Japanese people (of course you need to be fluent with the language to communicate with the local partners/clients), UNLESS you have some very interesting design project history established overseas that they would like you for your unique skills.
by AK rate this post as useful

design 2010/3/18 08:27
I think AK meant "..is NOT really a field where employers would seek to hire non-Japanese....", and I agree. You would need a thorough knowledge of how the industry applies to Japan in any case (limited space, materials available etc), so there is really not much motivation for an employer to go to the trouble of sponsoring a visa when there are plenty of qualified Japanese people here to choose from. You increase your chances a bit with graphic design, more with web design.
by Sira (guest) rate this post as useful

Thank you, Sira, 2010/3/18 08:42
Yes, thank you, Sira, I meant to say:

"...interior design job is NOT really a field where employers in Japan would particularly seek to employ non-Japanese people"
by AK rate this post as useful

reply to this thread