Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Renewel of spouse visa 2010/4/6 21:59
Hi wondering if anyone could answer my question. I usually renew my spouse visa in Japan but I'll be in England by the time it needs to be renewed again. Does anyone know if I can do it here in the UK? Ive checked the japanese embassy website its bloody useless and only shows how to apply for a new spouse visa. Also, if I do go back before it runs out, it will be maybe 1 or 2 weeks before it expires, will immigration have a problem with this as sometimes it takes a bit longer for the visa to be processed in Japan?
by Lills (guest)  

Visa renewal 2010/4/7 09:43
Lills,

I suspect that it is probably not possible to renew a visa from outside Japan (since the whole point of the visa is that it is for people living in Japan), but there is no problem renewing with only a short time remaining before it expires. So long as you apply for the renewal before it expires, you will get a stamp in your passport, and it doesn't matter if the new visa doesn't arrive before your old one expires.
by Dave in Saitama (guest) rate this post as useful

time frame 2010/4/7 09:49
How long will you be in the UK? You know that you can apply for a renewal up to 2 months in advance, right? And as Dave in Saitama says, it's no problem to apply for the renewal 1-2 weeks before the expiry date- the latest I have applied is 3 days before the expiry. No problem at all.
by Sira (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread