Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

How do i become a swordsmith in japan? 2010/4/8 02:38
Im not japanese yet but im moving there soon and i'm goin to try to become a citizen afterwords i want to become a sword smith.
by Ninja93  

... 2010/4/8 08:25
Most of all, your goal of being a swordsmith in Japan would have to be an extremely serious one. Like in the movies, you would have to convince a practicing craftsman to take his time training you. Nobody will do so unless they are convinced that you will not waste their time. The biggest hurdle will be finding such a craftsman.

But before that, you would have to be serious about it. And judging from your nickname, I am not sure whether you are.
by Uji rate this post as useful

swords 2010/4/8 10:02
The citizenship part will probably take you longer than becoming a swordsmith- figure on 10 years at least to become a Japanese citizen. Finding a craftsman who would take you on (do you speak Japanese?) is going to be by far the hardest part though.
by Sira (guest) rate this post as useful

ehh.. 2010/4/9 02:05
Seeing the opLs nick I think this is just wishful thinking. Hate to break it to you, but face the facts please.
by Mannen (guest) rate this post as useful

crafty 2010/4/9 05:11
I read about Westerners that apprenticed with a swordmaster in Japan but they were already professional swordsmith in their own country.
The chances that a total novice, that likely doesn't speak Japanese , will be accepted by a Master are very slim indeed...
And what kind of work visa does the OP plan to get??
by Red frog (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread