Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

studying japanese in japan government? 2010/4/18 19:32
Hi,

I'm willing to go to japan to study the language there in a couple of years but I already did some research. But I had just one question.

Is the japanese government willing to help me get a place to stay? Or able to help me with paying the courses?

I'm just 16 now so I don't know exactly how It all goed when it comes to this subject.

Thanks in advance
by Flashz  

Japan 2010/4/18 21:51
No, the Japanese government doesn't assist you with finding a place to stay- you are on your own there.

The Japanese government does have scholarships for foreign students although at this point you are too young to qualify- have a look at the Wikipedia page which gives details:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monbukagakusho_Scholarship
by Sira (guest) rate this post as useful

thanks alot 2010/4/19 01:29
Ok thanks alot for the link :)
I did read somewhere that if I go take a japanese language course for like 2 years.. I could get an accomodation through the school? Anyone had any experience with this?
by Flashz rate this post as useful

Schools 2010/4/19 01:51
Hi

Most language School offer a guest-house, appartment or Host Family programm for short and long-time stays. You just have to ask the school you're planning on going to.

However, a lot of schools don't accept students younger than 18, unless you're planning to do an High-School excange programm.

by Tea-chan (guest) rate this post as useful

Ah! 2010/4/19 02:05
Well that's ok :) Since i'm planning to go when i'm 20 ^^
Thanks alot for the info.
I wish I was born there..
I would loved to have spend my high school time there..

studying 2010/4/19 06:30
"I wish I was born there..
I would loved to have spend my high school time there.. "
If you were born in Japan you would have had to put up with stricter teachers than in the USA, wearing a uniform etc. and--like many Japanese students--would have begged your parents to send you to North America, Europe etc. to study..

by Monkey see (guest) rate this post as useful

well.. 2010/4/19 07:01
I don't mind the uniforms to be honest.. ^^
And ... I don't live in the USA :P
I'm from The Netherlands ^^
Well I'll take this as a compliment..^^
Seems people find my English good enough to think it's my native language :D

... 2010/4/19 08:07
Just don't build up unrealistic expectations of the place, ok? I have lived in Japan for 12 years and I'm very glad I was born in a country which doesn't put so much pressure on its kids to study and pass exams.

Even primary school age kids here often attend extra lessons until past 9 at night, whereas at that age I had maybe half an hour's homework and then played for the rest of the day.

Make sure you don't just read manga and watch anime, read some daily news about Japan in English regularly so you have a more realistic idea about what society here is like.
by Sira (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread