Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Hokkaido fruit farms+itinerary 2010/4/19 20:16
We would also love to visit a peach (1st preference), apple or strawberrry farm during our holiday. Our itinerary is :
July 17: arr Chitose airport late evening, overnight at or near airport but don't know which hotel yet ?
July 18: driving to Norboribetsu and overnight Toyako
July 19: touring Toyako, then driving to Sounkyo onsen, expect to arrive in the evening. How long roughly to drive using the exp'ways as much as possible and that day being a public holiday ? Any hotel/ryokan recommendations in Sounkyo (our budget from yen 12,000 to 20,000 per person per night incl breakfast and dinner) ?
July 20 +21 : unplanned, was thinking of either staying longer in Sounkyo or visiting Asahidake or Teninkyo onsen, any suggestions ?
July 22: Biei
July 23: Furano
July 24: Furano
July 25: leave in morning for Chitose, airport, what is the estimated driving time ?
by mthk (guest)  

... 2010/4/20 07:57
I assume that you have to use Chitose because of a direct international flight there. In case you fly domestically, I recommend to use Asahikawa Airport on one leg to save just a little bit of time.

You might already be aware of it, but one of the most famous fruit farms is Sobetsu Farm near Toyako:
http://www.town.sobetsu.hokkaido.jp/kanko/english/midokoro/kudamono.ht...

arr Chitose airport late evening, overnight at or near airport but don't know which hotel yet ?

There is one inside the airport:
http://www.japanican.com/hotels/shisetsudetail.aspx?ar=01&sar=010301&s...

then driving to Sounkyo onsen, expect to arrive in the evening. How long roughly to drive using the exp'ways as much as possible and that day being a public holiday ?

It is a long distance! About 4-5 hours almost entirely by expressways, not including breaks. Considering that it is the last day of a long weekend, I am wondering whether there might be some traffic jams around Sapporo (I am not familiar with the traffic situation around Sapporo), which could cause some delays.

To reduce driving times a little bit, you could consider visiting Noboribetsu after Toyako and Furano before Sounkyo.

July 20 +21 : unplanned, was thinking of either staying longer in Sounkyo or visiting Asahidake or Teninkyo onsen, any suggestions ?

Teninkyo is not very nice. I think it depends on your interests. For example, if you like hiking, I strongly recommend to go hiking in the Daisetsuzan mountains with Sounkyo and Asahidake as possible bases.

leave in morning for Chitose, airport, what is the estimated driving time ?

Furano to Chitose Airport is about three hours via Takikawa and expressways. An alternative route via Yubari is somewhat slower, but cheaper.
by Uji rate this post as useful

.... 2010/4/26 03:23
Thanks Uji for your advice above.
Yes I have to use Chitose on both legs.
I Did not know about Sobetsu Farm, so thanks a lot for that tip. With so many orchards in Sobetsu Farm, is there a central market or place where we can buy all the different produce from all the different orchards as this would save us time ? Also, I saw this in their Japanese site-- (料金は目安です)= yen 850 is this an entrance fee to the orchard ? By the way the Japanese site for Sobetsu Farm: http://www.phoenix-c.or.jp/~kudamono/ shows : "そうべつ農産加工センター オリジナルジュース 北国の雫シリーズ TEL 0142-66-2920 (そうべつ農産加工センター), that tel no. is different from the English site Tel= 0142-66-2333, which is correct if we have to rely on the tel no. for the GPS to guide us there ?
by mthk (guest) rate this post as useful

... 2010/4/26 07:59
You should use 0142-66-2333
by Uji rate this post as useful

reply to this thread