Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

prepaid keitai email ? 2010/4/29 14:57
ok after all this time i decided to give in and buy a prepaid cell phone. i was wanting to know, if i buy a prepaid cell, will it come with a mobile email address ? or the ability to set one up ?

thanks guys :)
by zuoteng  

Not sure if prepaid phone still exist 2010/4/29 20:34
The last few times I went to Japan, prepaid phone no longer exist due to various reason, mainly fraud, you can rent a phone though. You can probably rent one with a browser and use webmail, as I don't think they come with any email functions.
by Glee (guest) rate this post as useful

Mail should be available. 2010/5/3 21:00
Softbank has a 300 Month Unlimited Mail option for their prepaid cells, so at least Mail should be possible.

All stores require a ARC or at least a passport along with an address to buy a cellphone.
You can try a store right at the airport, you can get a rental phone there as well.
by Tadashi (guest) rate this post as useful

It's no problem 2010/5/3 23:27
during my trip in early april i bought a prepaid cellphone at softbank down in Omotesando (Tokyo).
they have english staff there.

All I needed was my passport and a addres.
The address needs to be written on a page in the passport though.
There's no page for that in mine so they made a problem out of that, but the girl who helped me made a copy of my passport and wrote the address on the copy and then it was no problem anymore :D

You spend about 9000 yen for the phone , charger and 3000 yen prepaid.

Like mentioned earlier .. you can take the unlimited mail service for 300 yen a month.

Have fun.

by tinyworld (guest) rate this post as useful

ARC 2010/5/5 08:55
thanks guys, gaijin card is no problem... i actually posted this topic in the LIVING section, but for some wierd reason it was moved to the tourist questions section.

oh great ! so prepay cellphone CAN get mail address, excelent !
by zuoteng rate this post as useful

reply to this thread