Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Regarding Electricity 2010/4/30 19:42
Hi, Im going to japan this summer and I have some questions regarding electricity.

Im from norway so our standard voltage is (220V), and if Im not mistaken the standard voltage for japan is 100V.

I recently purchased a new Sony videocamera and was wondering how i can safely charge it while in japan.

I have a standard recharge device that fits norwegian inputs.

Do I need to buy some kind of transformer/adapter? also could the 50/60 hz frequency thing be hazardeus for the camera

Says on the recharger that it supports 100-220v and 50/60hz

So mainly im wondering if anyone can suggest what equipment i need to buy which is a 100% safe to use in complience with charging the camera
by Hestenlamar  

adaptor only 2010/4/30 22:57
Your charger has a transformer built into it, so all you need is a plug adaptor. Nothing else is necessary.
by Sira (guest) rate this post as useful

thank you 2010/5/1 06:08
thx a lot
by Hestenlamar rate this post as useful

Type A but 2010/5/1 14:18
Find the adapter that fits on Type A but on the left that has the two identical blades for most compatibility, not on the right which is polarized & limited(one blade is wider or notched at one blade tip). http://users.telenet.be/worldstandards/electricity.htm#plugs_a
by amazinga (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread