Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Moving to Ota City (Gunma pref) 2010/5/4 08:04
Hi All,
1st time poster here. My partner & I will be moving to Ota City in Gunma later this year. I have searched the net as much as possible but there doesn't seem to be a lot of current information (at least not in English) regarding living there so if anyone has any interesting/useful info about the place it would be greatly appreciated.
Employment & accommodation is already organised so really just interested in finding out about:
- shopping (food mostly - looking forward to embracing Japanese but availability of 'western foods' in weak moments)
- facilities (fitness clubs, restaurants, bars etc)
- surrounding areas good visit
- ease of getting there from Tokyo airports
We have been told it is considerd 'rural' relative to somewhere like Tokyo so not expecting every facility under the sun but just wondering what we can expect living there.
Cheers!
by AussieGypsy (guest)  

SUBARU? 2010/5/4 11:58
Welcome to Japan!

First, North Kanto Region, including Gunma and Tochigi, is very motorized and car is indispensable for daily live. Most families own 2 or 3 cars.

More than 10 suburban huge shopping malls like Wal-mart stores are available in this area. So I am not worried about shopping and facilities. Just utilize the closest one.

I am personally interested in the onsen and the hiking course in Kanayama Hill(Kanayama Castle Ruins).
http://www.ota-kanko.jp/english/index.htm

Direct express train from Asakusa in Tokyo to Ota station is available by Tobu Railway.

Enjoy your life!
by V (guest) rate this post as useful

stuff 2010/5/5 05:41
by Monkey see (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread