Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

NUVARING contraceptive 2010/5/4 17:16
hello everyone,

i am going to be in japan for about 10 months and i was wondering if the contraceptive i am using NUVARING is available for sale there.
i will be bringing a few with me, but i can't bring 10 months supply, and it's always good to know it's available if i lose one.

by karen (guest)  

... 2010/5/6 11:04
To be honest, I cannot find any information in Japanese on that product (all I could find on any ring was the traditional type of rings). Oral contraceptives (OC) came to be permitted in Japan only a bit over ten years ago, so once-a-month type of product might not have come into discussion at all in Japan yet. If you want to find oral contraceptives with similar ingredients, there should be some available, upon doctor's prescription. But if the one you mentioned is the one you are used to, I think it might be a better idea to bring ten :) (From a Japanese OC user)
by AK rate this post as useful

This is probably too late... 2010/7/24 01:18
But as it was brought to my attention in another thread, and I know the answer, I thought I might give it a shot.

I have been to a couple of ob/gyns in Japan and whenever I tell them I'm on NuvaRing, they look at me with blank stares. So I have been having my mother send me four months' supply. So no, you can't get NuvaRing easily in Japan. Sorry.
by MrsPrimalConvoy (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread