Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Visa question 2010/5/28 22:27
hi everyone

please i really need urgent advice on this matter..today i went to immigration office and i kind of had negative response...

i am student of mechanical engineering in india and i am doing my internship in japan on trainee visa.on finishing my work the company wants me to work with them as a engineer.i will finish internship next month and go to india and graduate from university.my company wants to apply for my COEfrom japan after i graduate .is it possible for me to get work visa for a fresher student?

i will finish my mechanical engineering course in july from university and i will get graduation degree from university in month of november.but i will get provisional certificate stating that i have finished my course and i have all requirements of degree.this certificate i willl get in july..can i apply for COE with this certificate along with other documents.?

yours sincerely,
manish
by radioactive  

Learn To Control Rash Behavior 2010/5/30 03:18
Presently you are a sponsored intern, still 6 month away from graduation,,, you will be returning to India to graduate,,, employer has promised to apply for the COE,,, with the COE you can go to the Japan Consulate in India and apply for the worker's visa which you must do witin 3 months of COE issuance date - since this is Month of May any COE issued would expire in the Month of August or 3 months prior to you graduating. No wonder the Consulate employee was amused -
by Jane (guest) rate this post as useful

... 2010/5/30 10:56
To Jane,
From what the original poster says, the company hasn't yet applied for COE, has it? He just wants to know if a provisional graduation certificate (to be issued in July) would be enough for applying for COE instead of the actual degree (to be issued in Nov.), I thought.

To radioactive,
I don't know what kind of "negative response" you had from Immigration, but:

is it possible for me to get work visa for a fresher student?
Once you get your bachelor's degree, and the company in Japan wants to hire you (based on their experiences with you), yes, you should be eligible for a working visa, sponsored under that company.

can i apply for COE with this certificate along with other documents.?
All you can do is submit everything you have, and see what Immigration says. They might say that certificate is enough, or they might require the actual degree. It's up to Immigration.
by AK rate this post as useful

reply to this thread