Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

How long does Mirin last? 2010/6/5 18:43
i am living in Europe and i bought a bottle of mirin (8€=10$ for a bottle of 500 ml, maybe too much but mirin is hard to find) and i haven't opened yet. after opening, how long does it last? should i keep it in the fridge? i wish it could last at least 1 year...
by lauretta (guest)  

... 2010/6/6 11:39
Once "opened," it should be used up within a few months, six months at the latest. Keep it in a cool, dark place, but not in the fridge.
by AK rate this post as useful

. 2010/6/7 09:21
We have a few yr old mirin in the covered and we still use once in a while. It is just high % sugar & sake alcohol. I wouldn't put it in a fridge as the sugar may crystallize white. As long as the liquid is clear, taste it before use.
by ay (guest) rate this post as useful

make you own mirin! 2010/6/7 15:46
I found this yahoo answer that explains a quick and easy way to make your own mirin
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080123094015AAc86Zb

I actually made some using a similar method but in opposite to the suggestions above, I stored it in the fridge and had a bunch of crystals form (drats!) and did not look safe to use.

by jmarkley rate this post as useful

reply to this thread