Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Can I use my hair straightener in Japan? 2010/6/27 04:18
Hi my hair straightener says:

Rated Input: 100-120V

Does this mean all I need is a plug adapter and I could use this North American hair straightener in Japan?

And what about my laptop?
by soaringshrimp  

electrical 2010/6/28 10:00
Does this mean all I need is a plug adapter and I could use this North American hair straightener in Japan?

Yes, and if it is a two prong plug then you won't need the plug adapter either. Note that your hair straightener is not an international model, and while it will work in Japan it may not get as hot using the slightly lower voltages in Japan.

And what about my laptop?

It will work fine too. The same applies as above concerning the plug.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

is plug polarized or three-prong? 2010/6/28 10:05
You might need an adapter if the hairdryer uses a three-prong plug, or polarized plug (one prong is slightly wider than the other). I think Japanese plugs do not take either of these (someone else correct me if I am mis-informed). The adapter is very simple and small, and easy to find.
by rootles rate this post as useful

polarized plugs 2010/6/28 11:52
Newer outlets accept polarized plugs. You might have trouble if your staying somewhere with older wiring, but generally it isn't a problem.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

reply to this thread