Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Educational & visa status question Japan 2010/7/5 10:11
Hi, I go to a vocational school (senmon gakkou)in Japan.
My visa status for my senmon gakkou that I go to is a 2 year and 3 months visa.
However, after already being in the senmon gakkou for 3 months, I feel that it is too hard for me and not what I want to do that I would like to quit it after six months when october starts, and then transfer to a japanese language school, and from there move on to a University next year in April.I want to go to a university because it is more academic and less practical & the pace is slower & easier than a vocational school. but the problem that Im confused about is my visa status and the holders.
I dont want to continue the school Im in right now. Before the next semester starts I would want to tranfser and pay tuition for the Japanese language institute and quit the senmon gakkou. But I dont know how the Japanese system works, especially because the current school I go to are the holders of a 2 year visa for me to go to their school, but I donot want to continue it in that way.
Is it possible for me to give up my current visa status & change my status to a japanese language school(for 6 months) and then next year in april apply for the the university of my choice?
Im really hating my current senmon gakkou, it is too hard for me & too practical .
by David (guest)  

... 2010/7/5 11:13
Under what visa status are you now? If it's senmon gakkou you are attending now, it may be "college student," right? I am not sure if language schools fall under "precollege" or "college student."

If it's of the same type, it should be possible that if you change schools "seamlessly," meaning no gap in time that you are attending classes, you only need to report the change of school to Immigration, and continue on with the current visa.

Once you find a language school you want to attend, you might want to go and ask that school what procedure you need to take.

I hope that you'll find a good language school soon :)
by AK rate this post as useful

reply to this thread