Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Places to eat near Higashi Shinjuku 2010/7/15 09:02
I am staying in Higashi Shinjuku area near the station, could anyone please give me recommendations on the cheap places to eat from, and how do I make them to understand me.
by Farri (guest)  

... 2010/7/15 21:49
Price aside, what kinds of food are you looking for? Higashi Shinjuku is basically known for Korean restaurants.
The followings are relatively cheap and easy-to-order shops.

Higashi Shinjuku Shokudo
i“ŒVhH“°j
This is a cafeteria-style Japanese casual eatery, located across Hotel Sun Route. You can pick up dishes from the counters.
Please see pictures on this site.
http://blog.aburami.net/archives/55276209.html
Royal Host & Bamiyan
iƒƒCƒ„ƒ‹ƒzƒXƒgAƒo[ƒ~ƒ„ƒ“j
Royal Host is, so-called, a family restaurant, serving many kinds of dishes. Bamiyan is a casual Chinese restaurant. In many cases, there have a menu with pictures.
Both restaurants are in Hotel Sun Route.
http://www.sunroutehotel.jp/hhsj-eng/restaurant.asp

Walk to Kabuki-cho or Shinjuku and you'll have more choices.
by Jlady (guest) rate this post as useful

Re 2010/7/16 13:37
Thanks for the answer, it really helps. May I know a romantic place in Tokyo with a great view at night.
by Farri (guest) rate this post as useful

.. 2010/7/17 12:43
"Higashi" means East.

If you start walking west of the Station you will run right into a korean neighborhood of Tokyo. You can find many nice cheap places there. If you walk southwest of the station you run into Kabukicho and onto West Shinjuku, many many restaurants you will run into just walking around.
by ExpressTrain (guest) rate this post as useful

... 2010/7/17 13:13
You'll have to walk pretty far from the station to get to the Korean section. There are a lot of good places closer to the station. Try Isetan or Mitsukoshi, if you can't find anything you like.
by Jou (guest) rate this post as useful

. 2010/7/17 17:14
You'll have to walk pretty far from the station to get to the Korean section.

Walking less then 790m West of Higashi Shinjuku Station is "pretty far"?.
About 7-8minutes walk give or take 10mins max.

far 2010/7/17 17:49
Its far from Shinjuku station, past Kabukicho, more than a 10 min. walk.
by Jou (guest) rate this post as useful

... 2010/7/18 21:17
Sorry for a late reply. (We're having a 3-day holiday in Japan!)
May I know a romantic place in Tokyo with a great view at night.
I'm afraid that Higashi Shinjuku is not really a romantic place. Since you can use both subway Oedo line and Fukutoshin line at Higashi Shinjuku station, how about moving to Tokyo Bay area, Shibuya or Roppongi? In my opinion, the view from the observation deck of Roppongi Hills building is one of the best in Tokyo.
by Jlady (guest) rate this post as useful

Re 2010/7/19 00:34
Thanks everyone. Can anyone please tell me how much the transport would cost if the places planned to be visited are Shinjuku, shibuya, odaiba, Tokyo Museum, Nakamise Dori, Roppongi, Ginza and not to forget the way back to Narita. Should I buy unlimited passes for the three days or just buy tickets or prepaid card. Which pass should i buy if recommended and how much would it cost in general. I will be taking Nozomi train from Nagoya, so NEX would only come in handy while leaving Tokyo. I will be staying in Tokyo for 2 days, and dont want to spend over 6000 yen for 2 days on transportation. Many thanks.
by Farri (guest) rate this post as useful

. 2010/7/19 10:10
Its far from Shinjuku station, past Kabukicho, more than a 10 min. walk.

Except he's staying at Higashi Shinjuku Station not Shinjuku Station. Even 10minutes walk from Shinjuku station is not very far by Japanese standards.

-----------

Thanks everyone. Can anyone please tell me how much the transport would cost if the places planned to be visited are Shinjuku, shibuya, odaiba, Tokyo Museum, Nakamise Dori, Roppongi, Ginza and not to forget the way back to Narita.

Should I buy unlimited passes for the three days or just buy tickets or prepaid card.

Which pass should i buy if recommended and how much would it cost in general.
I will be taking Nozomi train from Nagoya, so NEX would only come in handy while leaving Tokyo. I will be staying in Tokyo for 2 days, and dont want to spend over 6000 yen for 2 days on transportation. Many thanks.

Shinjuku - Walk from Higash-Shinjuku Station (you are already in Shinjuku) FREE

Shibuya - Take the Fukutoshin Line from Higahsi Shinjuku to Shibuya Station. 160yen

Roppongi- Take the Oedo Line from Higashi-Shinjuku Station to Roppoingi Station 210yen

Ginza - Take the Fukutoshin Line from Higashi-Shinjuku to Shinjuku SanChome Station, change to the Marunouchi Subway Line to Ginza. 190 yen

Odaiba - Take the Oedo Line to Shiodome Station, change to the Yurikamome Line to Odaiba. 570yen.

Narita Airport - Walk to JR Shinjuku Station, take a direct airport train, however Narita Ariport will already ring you up 3500 for a one way ticket. If you want the cheapest way, take the JR train to Nippori Station, and take the Keisei Limited Express to Narita Airport only 1190 yen instead.

reply to this thread