Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Where should I watch Daimonji? 2004/7/30 10:36
I know it's in Kyoto on August 16. I'd like to see as many of the 5 mountains as I can and if possible avoid crowds.
by Liz  

possible 2008/6/8 23:34
Hey!
I've been seeing the Dimonji from the shores of Kamogawa, but you can only see 2 of them.
I've heard that from Funaoka park near the Daitokuji you can see most of them. Is it a real good spot, cause I'm planning on going back this year, and I'd love to find some other views... ^_^
by uhcakip^ rate this post as useful

What time will it start? 2008/7/18 18:41
Do you know what time will the fires start?

We have a train leaving from JR Station at 21.00 so I would like to know if I somehow manage not to miss this great show: Maybe staying next to the station in a place I can see the fires? :-S (But I guess that the station area is packed with high buildings, right?)

Thanks!

Marcello
by Marcello rate this post as useful

I went a couple yrs ago 2008/7/18 19:07
I went a couple years ago to see Daimonji and I watched from a beer garden on a rooftop of a building in the general kamogawa area. I was able to see all five mountains perfectly in addition to a nice all-you-can-drink beer setting (perfect for that hot summer evening).

To be honest with you, I'm not sure where the restaurant/building was exactly but I'd suggest you check out the restaurants in that area and try to find a store putting together a special package for Daimonji. It's probably going to be a bit expensive but it's a fantastic experience.
by Dan rate this post as useful

reply to this thread