Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

How to pronoun my chinese name 2010/7/19 02:07
Hey , I have simple basic of japanese language. I love japanese anime so much and interest increase in learning japanese language.
I would like to translate my chinese name into japanese. As far as i concern, Mi = and aki = H. it is possible to pronoun as Miaki??.
by Penny Siew (guest)  

Re:How to pronoun my chinese name 2010/7/19 12:03
Yes. You can pronounce it "Miaki", and it really sounds like a gender-neutral name of Japanese anime Character.
You name also can pronounce "Yoshiaki", for male name, But it is so popular name that it may not sounds like a name for anime Character.
Your choice may be best.

by Yoshino (guest) rate this post as useful

How to pronoun my name 2010/7/19 12:39
alternatice pronounciation for male is "Yoshiaki"; how about female?is there any other way to pronounce it! As you mentioned , the " Miaki" is really sound-like anime character, it doesn't matter. What i am concerning the name is gender- neutral, in which I do hope the name can identify my gender.
Thanks and appreciate for the reply.
by Penny Siew (guest) rate this post as useful

Re:How to pronoun my name 2010/7/19 17:49
Other altanatives are "Mi-shu" or "Bi-shu", but they don't sound like names of people. So I think the best answer may be "Mi-aki".It may not enough to identify your gender, but it is slightly feminine name.
by Yoshino (guest) rate this post as useful

How to pronoun my chinese name 2010/7/19 18:06
Appreciate very much for advice, Yoshino.
Just to share with you, I am child of autumn, thus my name is given with "Aki".
Hopefully, sooner I have change to visit Japan or studies aboard.

Regards, Penny Siew
by Penny Siew (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread