Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

What types of job can I do? 2010/7/29 14:09
Hi everybody
I am a new member of this forum. I really don't know much about Japan. I am keen to learn a question. I have a work visa as specialties in humanities. My question is that what types of works does a specialties in humanities visa holder generally can do. If possible,mention some types of job. I will be very grateful to anybody who give me some idea.
by litu  

visa 2010/7/29 15:30
you should check the mofa website for information about this, don't ask on a forum or you risk getting bad advice. the visa you have now will describe what kind of activities you are allowed to do.

do not attempt to work in a field outside your current visa's description as it could violate your conditions and if discovered by the immigration authorities they may decide to deport you (immigration is very heavy handed and block headed, they do not use common sense most of the time, rather they follow the law blindly even if you do not mean to violate your visa conditions)
by winterwolf rate this post as useful

. 2010/7/29 16:25
You can work outside your visa's description by applying at immigration for a "Permission to Engage in an Activity Other Than That Permitted by the Status of Residence Previously Granted"

Yes the application name is THAT long.
by ExpressTrain (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread