Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Tokunai Pass 2004/8/2 01:11
I will be staying at Shinagawa area and will get this Tokyo Metro District Pass (Tokunai Pass) to get around Tokyo city. I plan to go to see Tokyo Tower & Zojoji Temple, and know that the closest JR station is Hamamatsucho Sta.. however, from this Tokunai Pass I cannot see this Hamamatsucho Station included in the map. Does it mean that by using this Tokunai Pass, the JR train does not include this station.. IF so, I guess Tokyo station would be the next option to get to Tokyo Tower..

(2) I plan to stay in Shinagawa area, and notice the closest subway would be Asakasa Line (A-07) Sengakuji station.. just wonder is it within 10-15 mins walking distance from Shinagawa Prince Hotel which in fact is about 5 mins walk to Shinagawa JR station..

Thank you,
by Yves  

.... 2004/8/2 09:03
Your map must be showing only major stations. Yes, Hamamatsucho is covered by the Tokunai Pass. It is only two stations from Shinagawa.

As for Sengakuji, yes, it is a 10-15 minute walk from Shinagawa Station. Also, yYou could probably walk to Tokyo Tower in about 30-45 minutes. Just guessing.

In any case, these are small distances. If you don't do any additional travelling, a Tokunai Pass will not be worth the investment.
by Uji rate this post as useful

5 days in Tokyo, time is precious 2004/8/3 00:44
Thanks for your kind suggestion.. A DAY Pass is convenient & save time and in my case it's worth to invest as I will be running around to many sightseeing spots within the city..
by Yves rate this post as useful

Tokunai Pass to Maihama 2004/8/28 15:25
Does the Tokunai Pass cover the JR Keiyo line to Maihama station? (Disney land), or strictly within the Yamanote circle?
by jtann rate this post as useful

... 2004/8/28 15:30
No, the Tokunai Pass covers the Keiyo Line only as far as Kasai-Rikaikoen Station, which is one station before Maihama.

It would cost an additional 130 Yen.

Tokunai Pass to Maihama 2004/9/4 20:59
Hi Uji,
Thanks for the information.
If I do have the Tokunai Pass, do I need to get off at Kasai-Rikaikoen and reboard to Maihama, or can I proceed straight to Maihama and pay the Y130 difference at the station?
by jtann rate this post as useful

... 2004/9/5 08:30
If I do have the Tokunai Pass, do I need to get off at Kasai-Rikaikoen and reboard to Maihama, or can I proceed straight to Maihama and pay the Y130 difference at the station?

Proceed to Maihama and pay the difference.

Tokunai Pass YEN730 2008/9/7 23:20
Please advise if this pass (Tokunai Pass YEN730) can be used for the following places in Tokyo :
1. Nakano
2. Ginza
3. Koenji
4. Tsukishima
5. Tsukiji
6. Kichijoji
7. Kawagoe (which I don't think it covers, but can I pay the fare difference when I alight at Kawagoe?).

Thank you.
by ty rate this post as useful

. 2008/9/8 00:21
Please advise if this pass (Tokunai Pass YEN730) can be used for the following places in Tokyo :
1. Nakano
2. Ginza
3. Koenji
4. Tsukishima
5. Tsukiji
6. Kichijoji
7. Kawagoe (which I don't think it covers, but can I pay the fare difference when I alight at Kawagoe?).

1. Yes
2. Yes (via JR Yūrakuchō Station)
3.Yes
4.No
5.No, the nearest JR station is Shimbashi Station, about 15 minutes walking.
6.No, the pass ends one station before at Nishi-Ogikubo.
7.No.

For 6&7 you have to pay a difference when you exit. But then you have to consider is it worth getting the pass in the first place, depending on your itinerary for the day, a trip to Kawagoe is cheaper by non JR methods as well.
by John rate this post as useful

reply to this thread