Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

get into this college? 2010/8/22 04:27
Id really like to attend this college but my japanese is not good enough to read the website.

Can anyone tell me the requirements listed on the site?

http://www.nats.ac.jp/pc/home.html
by 180sx  

A glance at school admission... 2010/8/22 12:54
I didn't read everything on the website (just took a quick glance at admissions), but according to the "For Foreign Students" page (http://www.nats.ac.jp/pc/boshu/ryugaku_ob.html), it seems that all classes at the college will be conducted in Japanese. In addition, the school wants you to have passed JLPT Level 2, or be able to demonstrate Japanese proficiency equal to that level. Sorry to say, but if you weren't able to understand/read the website, you'd most likely be denied admission.
by gh6 (guest) rate this post as useful

Paraphase of the Admissions Requirements 2010/9/8 12:59
I wouldn't discount admission into this school just because it's a private vocational school; these places can sometimes be just as hard to enter as a 4-year college.

To the HS guy who asked the question, JLPT Level 2 isn't the only requirement to get into this school. Just going off of the admission requirements list they have on the admissions page:
1) Applicant must have graduated from a high school (or equivalent school,) or must have completed 12 years of recognized academic study
2) Applicant can read, write, and converse Japanese at a sufficient level and can pass the school's own Japanese test with a score of 200 or better (or must be JLPT 2 certified)
3) Applicant (or legal proxy) must be able to apply for "study abroad" residence status on his/her own
4) Applicant must have a trusted guarantor who resides in Japan
5) Applicant must be able to prove their ability to pay for school/living expenses during their study in Japan (the school will ask for documentation providing such evidence)

In addition, the school requires an interview with any potential foreign student in order to test their Japanese skills, so you'd most likely need to make a trip to Japan twice, assuming you get accepted.
by gh6 (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread