Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

what shall i do? 2010/8/26 18:40
people from usa canada and uk can move to japan and settel there much easier than the middel east countries , whyyyyyy!!! i am 22 years old have bacheloria degree and 3 diplomas in graphic and programmer basics iam egyptian and always dreamed since i was alittel girl to go to japan iam even learning the language and can write my name in japanese as (sa ra ) and since i was alitel girl people always told me you so much look like asians, but itis so hard for me to reach you japan, i tried to contact governoment to immigrate or finding ajob but most of the jobes are for teaching english,i don't know how to take astep towards you japan, i insist to move to you,so japan would you please take astep to get me closer to you??? becouse i don't know what to do
by sara is me  

... 2010/8/27 00:01
Well, all I can say is that I know many Egyptians (mostly guys though) living in Japan and doing well here.

The opportunities are there and the information is most likely out there, you just need to try various search methods and be persistent.
by kyototrans rate this post as useful

non english 2010/8/27 02:06
either find a job that doesn't require english or polish your english skill

contacting the government will get you nowhere, what do you think they're going to do?

i think you should come to japan as a language student for 6 months, build up some JAPANESE contacts (not foreign, unless those foreign contacts can get you a job). after you've been in japan a while you can find yourself a proper job doing something unrelated to english.

if you have any sales or international trade (specifically vehicle export/shipping) the used auto industry is a good market to work in here for foreigners lacking other opportunities.
by winterwolf (guest) rate this post as useful

thank you 2010/8/30 00:12
thnx for suppor, ah iam gonna continue searching,maybe i teach my language at japan why not english can't be the only language that is taught in japan anyway so i have achance xD
by sara is me rate this post as useful

... 2010/9/2 13:04
I don't know how your English skill is at the moment, but it certainly sounds really poor here.

Since that is the case don't bother for the moment and try to find a job, but instead try to get better at English and Japanese first.

I can't see any chance that a company would be interested to hire you here in Japan, in most companies here, you should be at least be able to communicate fluently with your co-workers. How do you want to do this without good language skills.

It's also not an option to come to Japan to study here Japanese, for that you will also need good English skills. Otherwise you won't be able to learn at the same speed and fall far behind.

I don't want to discourage you, it was also my dream to live here, so I can understand your motive, but just concentrate on your language skills for one and two years and then start a new try. You are only 22 years old. So it doesn't hurt to wait a little bit longer.
by CityHunter1981 rate this post as useful

ouch that was kinda hard 2010/9/2 19:04
:D maybe my english seems bad becouse i just write in ahasty way xD my english isn't bad and becouse iam not anative english talker i can't say iam excelent :P
and i don't want to teach english in japan, either i work as arabic teacher or in computer science, also iam sure i will be excelent in japanese language becouse i like the language and iam afast learner,and learning it already in my country,but anyways you are right it won't hurt to wait alittel bit longer, just untill i save the required money for studying there -.-
hehexD
p.s i have been learning english since i was 5 years old T_T i can't be bad at english q-q

... 2010/9/2 20:10
There's a significant positive to be taken from CityHunter's criticism of your English.

In a work environment (in most environments), written communication skills are always used to judge a person.
People who write poorly are looked down upon as careless and sloppy, and it almost always reflects poorly on you as a person.

I have found this to be true in both English and Japanese work settings.

You should treat everything you write as a reflection of yourself and your skills. Even on a silly message board, well-written English is much appreciated and people take you more seriously.

This effort will help you in the long run.
by kyototrans rate this post as useful

yosh :) 2010/9/2 20:56
i think you are abslutly right, itis just iam not used to be that kind of a serious persone xD, also in my current work i don't have to write much as i work as agraphic designer and a small programmer so always using shortcuts and so :), but you are right indeed, thanks for the advice i will put that in mind and work on it, it was agood idea to come to japan guide .com XD

time and place 2010/9/2 22:11
I agree with kyototrans and others- if you want to be taken seriously as a potential job seeker, try to write in proper English with all the spaces and capital letters where they should be (it seems your English is good if you try), and save the XD lol stuff for texts to your friends, because a serious question about job prospects isn't the place for that kind of thing, and it makes you seem much younger than you probably are. The lack of helpful answers you got at first is a direct result of the way you wrote your first post.

There are jobs available in IT here for non-Japanese at the offices of foreign companies in Japan, but these days most jobs require a very good command of Japanese (absolute minimum JLPT 2) as well as good English, spoken and written.

There are recruiters for gaishikei (foreign companies) in Japan- an internet search should turn up a few options. Make sure that your Japanese skills are up to the level they need to be, and that you put together a really good CV/resume first.
by Sira (guest) rate this post as useful

That is better 2010/9/3 11:47
I can see that your English is really much better, when you put more effort into it.

Like the others already said, you should try your best even on a message board to be taken seriously.

We have a lot of people who think Japan is a paradise and don't have a realistic opinion and by not putting enough effort in your messages, we will automatically think the same way about you. But your last messages sound directly more serious, since they are much better written.

So, please don't take my last message too hard. I can certainly see that your English is quite good, when you are really trying.
by CityHunter1981 rate this post as useful

Well.. 2010/9/3 23:01
To teach english in japan you MUST know japanese..so learn it THEN consider teaching in japan.
Or pay over $1000 for a one way plane ticket there.Either way you do it,have fun.
by KonaKonata rate this post as useful

reply to this thread