Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Vietnamese community 2010/8/27 11:06
Hello,

I am a Vietnamese-American who will be spending a year abroad in Japan. I was wondering if there are any Vietnamese community, big or small, anywhere in Japan?
by yume (guest)  

Vietnamese restaurant in Tokyo 2010/9/9 00:40
I know some nice Vietnamese restaurants in Tokyo. If you will come here and want to know, I can tell you
by KLT (guest) rate this post as useful

- 2010/9/9 02:24
I am in Osaka and a couple of the community Japanese language schools I went to had quite a few Vietnamese students. I believe they came from Vietnam (as opposed to coming from the US).
by MomotaroPeachBoy rate this post as useful

. 2010/9/9 03:45
To my knowledge there are no Vietnamese community in Japan like there is for Koreans or Chinese, too few actual Vietnamese. I've met some Americans who were of Vietnamese decent, but again they were American rather then real Vietnamese.
by ExpressTrain (guest) rate this post as useful

Arigatou 2010/9/9 04:53
Thank you everyone!

KLT, I will be coming to Tokyo next Tuesday. Can you please tell me some of the Vietnamese restaurants in Tokyo?
by yume (guest) rate this post as useful

Arigatou 2010/9/9 04:53
Thank you everyone!

KLT, I will be coming to Tokyo next Tuesday. Can you please tell me some of the Vietnamese restaurants in Tokyo?

Check these out. 2010/9/9 06:46
Japan admitted over 13,000 "refugees" from Vietnam in the 1980s and 90s, and they have their own "communities"--certainly not as visible as Koreans or Chinese. But they have some presence in a place like Kobe. Also, there are many student groups. For more info, check the following links. Sorry, but all in Japanese.

http://betonamujin.com/
http://homepage1.nifty.com/Cafe_Saigon/jp02.htm

NGOベトナム in KOBE 736-2987
by Guest (guest) rate this post as useful

. 2010/9/9 09:57
There are many Vietnamese restaurants in Tokyo.
This list includes 3 of them.
http://rds.gnavi.co.jp/fl/search/searchb.php?area=AREA110&ctgry=CTG400...
by . (guest) rate this post as useful

Vietnamese Restaurant and Gathering 2010/9/9 13:19
yume,

I know an annual event where you can meet the Vietnamese community living in and around Tokyo. I think its the biggest gathering of Vietnamese. You are lucky that its held in September every year.

My favorite Vietnamese restaurant is VIETNAM ALICE. Its a chain. Information is in Japanese but I can find you one in Tokyo near your location.

Let me know if you need detail of those.

Sohel
by Sohel (guest) rate this post as useful

. 2010/9/9 20:06
Most *Vietnamese-Americans are used to South Vietnamese cuisine etc, I've been to some North Vietnamese style restaurants in Japan, while similar the food is different in ways as well from South Vietnamese cuisine.
by ExpressTrain (guest) rate this post as useful

Gathering 2010/9/10 06:08
Hello

Sohel,

I would love it if you can tell me about the gathering in September. When I'm in Tokyo, I'll try to find the restaurant chain myself. Thank you!

ExpressTrain,

It's interesting that you mentioned that because I think that might very well be true! Where did you find these restaurants that are focused on more Northern-Vietnamese style?

Vietnamese Festival 2010/9/10 08:02
yume,

Name: Vietnam Festival 2010
Days: 18(SAT)-19(SUN) September 2010
Time: 10:00-20:00
Venue: Yoyogi Park Event Area, http://gmap.jp/shop-6392.html
Occasion: 1000th Anniversery of Capital (Hanoi)
Weather: will be held even in rainy condition

Every year famous Vietnamese artists come from Vietnam to perform on the stage. I think this year also no exception. But I am not sure who is coming. I might swing by in any of the evenings. See you there!

to readers who might be interested,

Sri Lanka Festival 2010: 11(SAT)-12(SUN) September 2010 @Yoyogi Park Event Area

Namaste India 2010 (Indian Festival): 25(SAT)-26(SUN) September 2010 @Yoyogi Park Event Area
by Sohel (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread