Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Shiodome or Shinjuku 2004/8/4 16:54
Where is a better place to stay in Tokyo. I have found two hotels that I'm interested in. The Hilton Tokyo in Shinjuku and the Park Hotel in Shiodome. I really like the area of Shinjuku but I want to stay in a high-rise hotel with great views of the city which the Park hotel seems to offer, it is also slightly cheaper.

Has anyone stayed in either hotel? What did you think?

Thanks.

Oh and before anyone mentions it - The Park Hyatt is way too expensive for me. I'd love to but I can't. lol
by Sikario  

depends on your preference 2004/8/7 19:17
Both hotels are very nice.

I've never stayed at Park Hotel, but it's one of the new hotels in the new and high tech district of Shiodome which is close to Odaiba, so I assume you will have a great view of a Sci-fi-ish city, and maybe a view of the (black in color) sea. Also it's a 7 min. walk to Shibashi Station which has convenient access on the circular Yamanote Line which runs through central Tokyo. Shinbashi has many casual taverns that office workers like to go for a laid-back atmosphere, and is close to Ginza.

The downside may be that compared to Shinjuku, Shinbashi is a bit far (few minutes ride on the train) from shopping and fashion districts.

Hilton Tokyo, I've stayed twice, and I very much enjoyed their nice cuisine and cozy atmosphere which is very sophisticated. I stayed there by chance, so I didn't exactly choose it over the other hotels, but I don't regret my experience.

The downside of Hilton is that while the hotel itself is very nice, there aren't much in walking distance from the hotel. You need to take the frequent shuttle bus to Shinjuku Station. But once you get to Shinjuku Stn. you have everything from restaurants, shopping centers, electric appliance shops and endless entertainment. The view from Hilton is not bad. It's just not that high tech as Shiodome since all the skyscrapers are pretty old.

Also I often choose hotels depending on what kind of facilities or amenity goods they are equipped with.
by Uco, Tokyo-er rate this post as useful

Park Tokyo Hotel 2007/8/20 08:48
The Park Tokyo is a great hotel, this is my second time staying here. There are great restaurants near by and easy access to JR trains and Toei line(oedo). The lobby is beautiful and staff are great lots of english spoken here. I highly recommend the Park Hotel Tokyo.
by Dee Dee rate this post as useful

... 2007/8/20 10:12
It's neither Hilton nor Park Hotel but if you are after a high-rise hotel, how about Century Southern Tower in Shinjuku?

Its lobby is at the 20th floor and rooms are way upwards. Unlike Hilton, this hotel is right near South Exit of JR Shinjuku Station, where NEX departs/arrives. Takashimaya department store and Tokyu Hands are in front of the hotel.

http://www.southerntower.co.jp/

by J Lady rate this post as useful

. 2007/8/20 10:33
I'm sure after 3 years they found a nice place.
by John rate this post as useful

reply to this thread