Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Working off base in Yokota 2010/9/28 00:56
Hello everyone. My family was just informed that we have orders to Yokota and will be moving there this summer. I lived in Misawa twice giving me a total of 6 years in Japan.

I love Japan and am thrilled to be moving there. My question is this: I have a bachelor's degree, am alternatively certified to teach, and work for Bernina here in the states. While I want to work on base, what are the steps that I would need to take if I try and find a job off base? As a command sponsored dependent I know I don't need anything to work on base other than the obvious. I am not billingual so will anyone even consider hiring me?

I have never lived in Tokyo so I am so excited!
by Lakenjade  

you may... 2010/9/28 17:28
you may get a job of teaching English where no Japanese is required.
or even you may try Bernina Japan. you may work with them with a help of interpreter, if they are interested.

the process is straight forward. 1) find an employer who will sponsor your visa 2) apply for changing your visa status from spouse visa to working visa.

you may consider not to earn more than a certain amount of money in a particular year in order to avoid paying for compulsory social insurance.

hope it helps. happy hunting!
by Sohel (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread