Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Surutto Kansai Miyako Prepaid Card 2010/11/6 23:07
Hi,
During my stay in Kyoto i will use a lot of different trains and buses, so i would like to know which lines can be used with this card:
All buses in Kyoto (but notJR bus to Takao?)
Keihan Railways, Eizan Railways, Hankyu Railways, Kintetsu Railways, Keifuku railways, both subways?
The Eizan Cable to Hieizan ?

Not valid on JR Trains.

Can i buy the Surutto Kansai Miyako Card in Osaka and it is valid there on the subway?
Can i use the card which i bought in Osaka (if it is possible) also in Kyoto?

What will happen if i enter a station with the prepaid card, but at the destination there will not be enough money on the card to leave the station?

Thank you for help,
Michael

by Michael (guest)  

... 2010/11/7 08:44
Everything except JR (trains and the bus to Takao) and the cable car up Hieizan.

Here is a map in Japanese:
http://www.surutto.com/about/img/kihon_map.pdf

Can i buy the Surutto Kansai Miyako Card in Osaka

Yes, but it is known under different names. "Miyako Card" is the name when you buy it through the Kyoto City transportation bureau. If you buy it through Osaka Subway, it is known "Rainbow Card". Or if you buy it through different non-JR train companies, it is known under even other different names. The common name is Surutto Kansai Card.

and it is valid there on the subway?

Yes, it is valid on most non-JR transportation in the greater Osaka/Kyoto/Kobe area.

Can i use the card which i bought in Osaka (if it is possible) also in Kyoto?

Yes.

What will happen if i enter a station with the prepaid card, but at the destination there will not be enough money on the card to leave the station?

You can pay the balance at a "fare adjustment" machine before passing the gates.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Thanks a lot 2010/11/7 15:03
Thank you very much, Uji.
Then travelling in Osaka and Kyoto will get a lot of easier using this card.
Greetings,
Michael
by Michael (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread