Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Shimbashi station renovations 2010/11/14 14:00
I just returned from Japan and was disappointed to see that the ''food court'' area (where you could buy groceries and all types of food from different vendors) of Shimbashi station was no longer there. There's a lot of construction/renovation going on. Will the food court return? When will they finish the construction?
by huladancer (guest)  

. 2010/11/15 12:03
Huladancer,

All I found out from the internet is that Shinbashi Station is under construction for barrier-free and earthquake resistancy purposes. And due to that construction, many old shops decided to either move out or close business.

For more details, you can try asking JR's official English telephone line service JR East Infoline.
http://www.jreast.co.jp/e/customer_support/infoline.html
by Uco (guest) rate this post as useful

Shimbashi station food court 2010/11/16 01:13
Uco, many thanks for your response. I will keep my eye out for continuing progress on it. I do hope that many of the same businesses return when renovations are done because it made the area a terrific place to stay during vacations. Thanks again!
by huladancer (guest) rate this post as useful

thanks 2010/11/16 08:23
Thanks for the info.
I usually get a bento there if I go to Daiba.

I hope it comes back...
by girltokyo (guest) rate this post as useful

Shimbashi Station Grocery Store 2011/1/10 00:44
The store (I don't know the name but the logo was of a simplified flower stem) has moved to the small underground mall on the Shiodome side of the station. It was moved there in mid-April 2010. I don't know if the move to this location is temporary or not. It's certainly smaller space.
I haven't been back to Japan since June 2010 so if anyone knows if the store has moved back to its original (larger) location in the station I'd love to hear.
pangaeax.at.aol.dot.com
by Margaret (guest) rate this post as useful

shimbashi grocery store 2011/1/10 02:39
Margaret,
Thank you for this information! I do miss the set up that they had at Shimbashi and am wondering how it will be once all renovations are done!
by huladancer (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread