Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Best Italian restaurant or pizzeria 2010/12/5 16:24
What is the best Italian restaurant or pizzeria in Tokyo?
東京にあるイタリア料理の中でどれが1番美味しい?
quale secondo voi e'il miglior ristorante Italiano o la miglior pizzeria di Tokyo!!!
by speciale  

since nobody's posting... 2010/12/9 10:09
Honestly, I have had very good experiences at these two places -- though they may not make the Michelin Guide, I was left impressed:

Salvatore Cuomo - they're in a few places around Tokyo, but the one I went to was in Ginza; reasonably priced, good food and relaxed ambience (it wasn't the bar/lounge variant);paid 8,000yen for two and left feeling full
http://www.salvatore.jp/restaurant/ginza.html

Capricciosa - another chain but very good and underpriced for how much you get, which is neither cheap-tasting nor delicate; the one in Yotsuya is my favorite; paid 3,000-4,000 for two and left feeling very full http://www.capricciosa.com/

I've been to others that you could call expensive wine and dine places but the two above are just as good with Salvatore Cuomo being the fancier of the two in my opinion.
by jmarkley rate this post as useful

Capriccosa???? 2010/12/9 13:01
I agree on Salvatore Cuomo, for a chain restaurant, they serve pretty good pizza. I really enjoy the thin crust on their pizzas.

Couldn't disagree more on Capriccosa. This place would be appealing if OP had a 5 year old child with them but for regular adult dining, no way. In my mind (this is an American comparison) but it's the equivalent of an Olive Garden or Macaroni Grill, a typical family restaurant.

How much is your budget? That would change what kind of restaurants you're looking for!
by Psycho Mike (guest) rate this post as useful

Pizzeria D'oro 2010/12/9 18:22
ピッツェリア・ドォーロ 麹町店
東京都千代田区麹町4-3-10 小倉ビル1F, Japan
+81 3-3261-0082

I don't know if this is the "best" Italian in Tokyo, but it's very good for the price and the Pizza and Risotto are excellent.

It's definitely better (IMO) than any chain restaurant I've been to, including the one's mentioned above.

I also like the fact that they will make anything you want, regardless of the menu.
If you tell them in general what kind of pasta you want, they will make it for you and also adjust portions to your liking.

This type of service is rare in Japan.

The wine selection is plentiful but I would go there more for the food as I didn't get the sense the staff was very experienced with alcohol.
by kyototrans rate this post as useful

If you like gnocchi... 2010/12/10 11:20
I recommend Bistrot La Cucina:

http://www.ne.jp/asahi/cucina/ittenshou/new_page_1.htm

It may not be THE best as I obviously haven't tried all Italian restaurants in Tokyo, but their gnocchi is amazing. A bit on the expensive side, though (with wine and dessert), but my boyfriend and I went twice within 2 or 3 days. Service is very friendly.

We found that pizzerias and italian restaurants in Tokyo (Japan in general, even) had very good food. We've never really been disappointed (just keep in mind we only spent 21 days in Japan :D).
by Gepal rate this post as useful

reply to this thread