Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Where are these Izu restaurants? 2011/1/2 14:18
I was told the following 2 would be great restaurants to visit during our driving trip to the Izu peninsula next month, could someone give me their websites preferably in English, thanks.
žÜ”ª˜a•——¿— and à–‰GŽRHina“úŽ®à–‰G.
Also, where is this please..‰Í’ßN‰ÔÕ + ‰Í’Ãàe•z ?
by LCCL (guest)  

... 2011/1/2 23:05
I can't quite figure out the restaurants, but
‰Í’ßN‰ÔÕ and ‰Í’Ãàe•z@sound like the "cherry blossom festival in Kawazu" and "Kawazu (seven) waterfalls."

Please check out this page on Izu. Kawazu is on the east coast of the Izu Peninsula:

http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e6313.html
by AK rate this post as useful

... 2011/1/3 02:32
Thanks AK, your reply was very helpful, esp for driving.
Would appreciate help from anyone else on the 2 restaurants in Izu.
by LCCL (guest) rate this post as useful

... 2011/1/4 08:05
The first restaurant (žÜ”ª˜a•——¿—) possibly reads Gonpachi Japanese-style cuisine. The only žÜ”ª˜a•——¿— restaurant reference I could find was the "Kill Bill" restaurant in Shibuya, Tokyo.

The second restaurant (à–‰GŽRHina“úŽ®à–‰G) appears to refer to yakitori restaurants. à–‰G is yakitori; ŽR (Mountain); Hina or ‚ЂȒ¹ is young bird or chick (possibly a regional bird from the Akita region) “úŽ®à–‰G (day-style? yakitori).

I couldn't find any restaurants by that name anywhere in Shizuoka prefecture. Sorry.
by geogeek1 rate this post as useful

Try this... 2011/1/4 08:22
...website which lists the Yakitori restaurants in Shizuoka prefecture:

http://r.tabelog.com/yakitori/shizuoka/

or within 10 km of Kawazu Station:

http://r.tabelog.com/RC0106/shizuoka/A2205/A220503/R2887/?LstRange=SE

Thanks geogeek1 2011/1/4 14:33
I got the names of the restaurants from a friend who joined a tour to Izu peninsula. Thanks for your help.

. 2011/1/4 15:48
“úŽ® I believe is a Chinese word meaning the same as ˜a•— in Japanese, both means "Japanese style".
by . (guest) rate this post as useful

... 2011/1/4 18:00
LCCL,

I saw your other post as well, and I have the faint feeling that the information you've received might have "Izu" and "Tokyo" locations mixed in altogether :(

Izu is not particularly known for "yakitori" - grilled chicken - while of course there may be some good restaurants with yakitori in Izu, Izu is more known for its seafood, given its location :)
by AK rate this post as useful

... 2011/1/4 22:30
Thanks AK for your other answers. Could you recommend a couple of good seafood restaurants in Izu (we need the website with the tel no. for our GPS navigation). We will drive 1st to Shiraito Waterfall (Shiraito-no-taki [”’Ž…‚Ì‘ê], then Heda (ŒË“c‘º) and then down the West coast to Irozaki and up the East coast back to Tokyo, total 4 days. It is difficult enough for non-Japanese speakers to plan an itinerary in Japan but trying to find restaurants is even more difficult.

A suggestion... 2011/1/4 22:43
Try Google Earth. Make sure the "Place Categories" is turned on in the "More" layer. Restaurants, hotels, etc will be shown. Even though most are in Japanese, using even the crudest of webpage translators will give you an idea of what sort of food they serve. Also, the addresses will be listed.

Good luck.

reply to this thread