Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Order japanese food to europe 2011/1/15 22:10
I was wondering if anyone knows of a good site where its possible to order different kinds of food from japan, I am particularely interested in the sandwitches sold in the food stores in japan, Ive almost forgotten the way the egg salat sandwitch tasted. Really wanna try it again,
thank you
by Hestenlamar  

. 2011/1/16 18:03
Sandwiches have too limited a shelf life to be offered via international shipping.
by RobBeer (guest) rate this post as useful

egg salad sandwiches 2011/1/17 04:56
While I think that an egg salad sandwich
is not considered to be a traditional
japanese dish, I consider that (just for the reason that it is an european dish ! ) it is
available all over Europe.
It is available in the most supermarkets and in million other shops, it is even easy to get
at the most petrol stations.
I have traveled across Europe and saw it in more than a dozen countries.
Again, it is european food !
So I do not really understand your question.

As others said already it would not be shipped overseas by a limited preservability.

Why carrying coals to Newcastle ?

by tom (guest) rate this post as useful

... 2011/1/17 08:14
No, you won't be able to find Japanese style sandwiches at European petrol stations.

The easiest way to get them is to try to make them yourself at home. If you can't get Japanese mayonnaise, go for one that is similar to original French mayonnaise.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Japanese bakeries 2011/1/17 08:49
There are Japanese bakeries in Europe in cities with a large Japanese community (Paris, London, Dusseldorf). You could try there. If they don't have egg sandwiches, you will at least be able to buy the bread and mayo.
by N1G0 (guest) rate this post as useful

Uji 2011/1/18 18:51
No, you won't be able to find Japanese style sandwiches at European petrol stations.

You are right ! But I wrote not--Japanese style-- !
I wrote, like it was asked for !!
-Egg salad sandwiches-.
Please don`t tell me that it is a typical
japanese (or like I wrote before, traditional)
dish.
But if it is about japanese mayonnaise, it is not only in cities with a japanese community available but also in the most other cities which have one or more "asia-shop" ! From my experience they do not all have it in store but if you ask, they may order it for you.
White bread (or toast) and eggs are everywhere available and by the way, japanese mayonnaise does not differ so much from ordinary mayonnaise !
Mayonnaise is incidentally european as well,
and you get it everywhere.Even to make mayonnaise self at home is as easy that kids can do it.

Any way, I guess if it is so important to have products from Japan, so it may would even not taste the same for you as you may miss more Japan it self as the food.
So maybe your sandwich from Japan would taste for you only in Japan like the sandwich you are missing !

I`m missing Japan !!!

Good luck to you !
by tom (guest) rate this post as useful

... 2011/1/18 19:25
Please don`t tell me that it is a typical
japanese (or like I wrote before, traditional) dish.

Sorry, I do consider it a typical Japanese dish, although not a traditional one.

japanese mayonnaise does not differ so much from ordinary mayonnaise !

It varies widely from country to country! Japanese mayonnaise is very similar to regular French mayonnaise.

I agree that bread and eggs don't make the difference (just get some soft type bread). With access to Japanese-like mayonnaise, you should then be able to re-create a Japanese style egg salad sandwich. You just have to figure out the best ratio between egg and mayonnaise. Or am I missing another ingredient?
by Uji rate this post as useful

Japan Centre 2011/1/19 00:25
I'm sure Japan Centre will send all over the UK and Europe. You should visit it (it's in London) for some freshly made Japanese food. You can get a lot of dry (and frozen) Japanese food from them on their website.
by MN (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread