Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

room reservation in shirakawago 2011/2/15 21:59
i will go to japan from 31 mac to 9 april 2011. how to reserve a room in Omigachi through online?
by ong tk (guest)  

... 2011/2/15 22:24
by Uji rate this post as useful

Magoemon 2011/2/15 23:21
Hello,

I reserved a room in Gassho-Zukuri Magoemon through japanese guest houses. The Gassho-Zukuri was beautiful and the reservation service offered by this website was perfect.

http://www.japaneseguesthouses.com/db/shirakawago/magoemon.htm

Enjoy your vacation.

Bye bye
Valerio
by vale77 rate this post as useful

By email 2011/2/16 02:28
Below is the email address of the Shirakawa-go Information Center :

Shirakawa-go Information Center

Send your emails to Naomi as she's the only one there who understands English. Suggest you go while there's lots of snow as it's much prettier.
We stayed at Magoemon recently and the service was bland, the food ok and the room freezing. Shirakawago though was very pretty + you must take the bus up to the viewing platform for great pictures looking down at the village. The onsen is pretty good too. A Japanese couple who stayed with us at Magoemon did not eat dinner with us but we saw them eating at the canteen in the onsen which served a hearty meal with Hida beef for 1000 yen so you may want to look into this.
by mthk (guest) rate this post as useful

thanks 2011/2/16 22:05
domo arigato gozaimas
by ong tk (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: room reservation in shirakawago 2015/4/13 12:11
Hijacking this old thread here as I came across it while googling for ways to book accommodation in Shirakawago, and the information here is outdated now (obviously).

Tried to book through Japanese Guest Houses as a single traveller, but they got back to me saying that they do not do bookings for single travellers now.

Managed to find an email contact for the Shirakawago Tourist Association through their facebook (info-e@shirakawa-go.gr.jp) and successfully booked a gassho-zukuri minshuku stay through them. In English :)

Hope this will be helpful for fellow googlers!
by yuan (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread