Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Wrestling @ Osaka 2011/4/7 16:23
Hi, we're newly wed and is going to Osaka for our honeymoon.
My husband wanting to go to see wrestling @ Osaka if possible, he was actually browsing and found that there's wrestling show on the 16th of April, but not sure where to buy the tickets and how to go there, etc.

Is there anyone who can help me, i want to give him a surprise!

Thank You

by novie (guest)  

dragon gate wrestling 2011/4/7 19:43
Could anyone help, it was actually on the 17th of April, dragon gate wrestling.

Found the website, but not sure what it means as it was written in Japanese...

17“ú(“ú)‘åãEƒAƒvƒ‰‚Î y“Œ–k’n•û‘¾•½—m‰«’nk•œ‹»Žx‰‡ƒ`ƒƒƒŠƒeƒB‘å‰ïin OSAKAz16:00ŽŽ‡ŠJŽn

how to get the tickets, where to go, etc.
Details..

Thanks
by novie (guest) rate this post as useful

Not in Osaka City 2011/4/8 16:47
http://www.gaora.co.jp/dragongate/release/2011/0417.html

According to this webpage, it was decided to host the event as a charity for the area affected by 11 March earthquake; in other words, the profit will be donated.

The site of the event is Appla Hall, a civic culture center in Takaishi City in Osaka Prefecture, and will be open from 3 pm. The match will be started at 4 pm.
The Hall is located near Takaishi Station of Nankai,
to which it is about one to one and a half hour from Shin-Osaka Station of JR
and about 40 minutes from Kansai Airport Station of Nankai.

It may well be possible that tickets will be sold out before you will try to buy ones,
but supposing they are not yet, I guess the easiest way is to arrive early on the Hall and visit the ticket counter, which is open from 9 am to 8 pm.
Note that the Hall will be closed on 12 April (a second Tuesday).

If you and your partner are flying into Kansai Airport, maybe you will have a chance to stop by Takaishi to buy the tickets.
But... your husband might ask you why you choose not JR but Nankai, especially if you have a Japan Rail Pass you can use on that day.

The webpage says a ticket is available in advance through agencies such as Ticket Pia, Lawson Ticket and e-plus. However, to order a ticket online via each of the three, it seems that a person is required to agree to Terms of Service written in Japanese and gain a membership.

Because watching this show will be a part of a honeymoon, I don't recommend trying to get tickets at auction or on resale or so, unless you can count on help from your friend using Japanese language; it must be sad if you get forged ones.

Good luck!

by omotenashi rate this post as useful

@omotenashi 2011/4/8 17:19
Thanks omotenashi for the response.
We are planning to arrive kansai airport around 1-2pm on 12th of April.So, i guess there is no chance for us to buy the ticket on that day.
What do you think if we try to buy the tickets the next day? on the 13th, if we are staying at shin osaka honkan station hotel, and we have jr west pass, will we be able to go there and buy the tickets in advance? or is it better to just get the surruto kansai?
Thanks

Osaka Prowrestling 2011/4/8 23:04

Actually, there is a wrestling company that is based out of Osaka and is called Osaka Prowrestling. Its a smaller company that is geared towards families. I went to one of their shows about a week ago for the first time. I brought my girlfriend to the show and she loved it. This was her first show and now she wants to go to more shows in Tokyo. The show was one of the best prowrestling experiences I have had.

They have shows every Tuesday, Wed, Thurs and Friday at 7pm, a Saturday show at 6pm and a Sunday show at 1pm. The shows during the week are very small but cheap. 1000 yen for women and 2000 yen for men and last for about 1.5 hours. The weekend shows are much bigger and longer.

All of the shows are held at the Osaka Minami Move-on arena, which is located in Dotonbori in Osaka. This is a very popular area with lots of shops and restaurants.

Here is their website:

http://www.osaka-prowres.com/
by thecobra2 (guest) rate this post as useful

thanks cobra 2011/4/9 05:09
thanks cobra, i will ask my husband if he wants to go there.

Ticket Pia shop in KIX 2011/4/9 19:42
We are planning to arrive kansai airport around 1-2pm on 12th of April

Arriving so early, you can visit a Ticket Pia shop in KIX airport, though this may make it harder to "give him a surprise."

It's not clear whether tickets for a show by Osaka-Prowres / Dragon Gate are also sold at a Ticket Pia shop, but it seems Pia is designated by each of the two organizations.
The shop is in the north half of 1F (= arrival floor for those after international flights) and open from 10 am to 8 pm every day. Probably you will find a logo of Ticket Pia shown in this image: http://www.pia.co.jp/pia/service/ticket/images/new_ticketpia_logo_2010...

[Osaka-Prowres]

According to the website linked to by thecobra2,
only tickets for seats without reservation can be purchased through Ticket Pia,
and this means those hoping to watch a show have to get numbered cards in advance on that day at Osaka-Prowres Goods Shop (on the 1F of the Arena), which are available
from 1:00 pm on Wednesdays and Fridays,
from 10:00 am on Thursdays, Sundays and Tuesdays,
and from 12:00 on Saturdays.

It is estimated as about 40 minutes from Shin-Osaka Station Hotel to the Arena,
which is about 15 minutes to walk to subway Shin-Osaka Station and wait + about 10 to 15 minutes for a ride + about 10 minutes from Namba Station.
(By the way, "honkan" means a main building.)
In Namba Station you can find an escalator labeled "D" at the platform's end in the direction of Shin-Osaka, which will lead you to the upper floor. Turning right, you will see a ticket gate. Feel free to ask the station's staff how to get to the Arena, which the website says is near B20 and B22 exits of Namba Walk underground mall.

[Dragon Gate]

we are staying at shin osaka honkan station hotel, and we have jr west pass, will we be able to go there and buy the tickets in advance?

Do you have San'yo Area Pass or Kansai Area Pass? Anyway, I suppose your pass will not save much money as to some possible routes between Shin-Osaka and Takaishi Stations.
e.g.
Shin-Osaka : Track 15 or 16 [Tokaido Line (JR Kobe Line), within 5 min.]
Osaka : Track 1 [Train NOT destined to Sakurajima, about 15 min.]
Shin-Imamiya : West Gate :-
Shin-Imamiya of Nankai : Track 3 [Local train, about 30 min.] Takaishi.
Here required time does not include waiting time.
210 yen: Fare for JR-West from Shin-Osaka to Shin-Imamiya.
370 yen: Fare for Nankai from Shin-Imamiya to Takaishi.

by omotenashi rate this post as useful

thank you 2011/4/12 09:55
Thanks for all your answers, will let you guys know how did we go..
We're leaving Shanghai now to go to Osaka...
Can't wait..

@airport 2011/4/13 09:36
hi guys, just to let u guys know that the ticket pia in the airport....the girls there were so much help to us.
we got the dragon gate ticket....not many left...but still...we managed to get 2 tickets....so we dont have to go anywhere else looking for it...
my husband is very happy, his eyes just light up as soon as they said they can get the tickets for us..
thanks a lot for ur help!

reply to this thread